Aspire R3 131T recovery problem

RamuBDS
RamuBDS Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer R3 131T cannot be reset through acer recovery solution. Everytime i try to reset my laptop, it shows resetting pc 1% in startup screen and then shows undoing reset and shows a message that there was some problem in reseting the device. Could anyone help me to reset my laptop without losing of data in other drives rather than C drive

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It looks like windows has been corrupted and doesn't want reset. You can create a recovery drive. In cortana type 'create a recovery drive' press enter and follow the steps. Make sure you select 'back up system files to recovery drive' before creating the drive. You will need a USB flash drive. With this drive you can clean install windows.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Have you tried the alt-F10 on boot to get into the troubleshooting process ? I had to use on mine to get to boot at all.

• RamuBDS

if i do so will the datas in the other partitions be erased, coz i have all important datas in the other partitions

• RamuBDS

i have tried from boot menu as well as from the acer recovery solution.

• debar14
    debar14 Member Posts: 6 New User
    I have tried this several times and I keep getting the same message :

We can't create the recovery drive

Is there something wrong or missing?
  • ven98
    You have to download Windows Installation media. It will create a windows installation image on your USB drive, so you can the windows from it. Download and install windows installation media tool: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO . Choose the version of windows you want to download.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• debar14

will this help me back up the W10 already on my hard drive?

• ven98
    It won't. You will have to remove this windows and install a new one. But don't worry the windows key is kept in your BIOS and the new windows will automatically be activated.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• debar14

P.S. to the last msg....

I don't have enough room on my hard drive to use the app you suggested....

• debar14

Also, what about drivers?

• ven98
    You should remove something from the hard drive, or if it is not possible you will need another USB removable media, so you can install it there.

All drivers for your device you can find here:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6074?b=1
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• debar14

Okay, I got that....

But what I'm trying to do is back up my copy of W10 so when I replace the SSD I'll be able to reinstall it on the new SSD.

It's either that or buy a new W10 on a thumb drive from Acer....

Who by the way, gave me the impression that I could do that from the Acer care app. What is the direct way to back up the reinstall partitian? Is there 1?

• ven98
    You tried to create a recovery drive and it didn't work, so you don't have another option except installing a new windows.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• debar14

guess I'll try the recovery partition

• Reese
    Reese Member Posts: 4 New User
    I tried to factory reset my acer r3 laptop, but mid way through, it said there was a problem and stopped. When i tried to turn my laptop on it went to the acer logo and then to a black screen and then continued that cycle whenever it’s on. i’ve already tried the alt - f3 thing but clicking turn on or factory reset doesn’t work. Anyone know what to do? ( p.s i’m not a very tech-y guy )
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    @Reese, please start your own topic with your problem. This one is several years old, so won't give the best visibility to the community. Let us know the full model number of your laptop, there have been a lot of R3 models over the years. Which OS version is running, was it updated from an earlier OS?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Reese
    Reese Member Posts: 4 New User
    @billsey oh i am incredibly sorry. thank you for letting me know