Aspire R14 keyboard quit working

Options
bdubya
bdubya Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Aspire R14(R3-471T). Purchased about a month and a half ago, and been working fine until this morning when the physical keyboard quit responding. I have typing sounds enabled, and the computer does produce a click when I press any key on the board, but aside from that there's no response. No text appears on screen, I can't tab between fields or apps, or otherwise use the physical keyboard to do anything at all.  The touchpad and on-screen keyboard are fine, and Device Mangler says my kb driver is up to date.

Anybody else experience this, or have any insights? Also not sure if my next step should be Acer support or the retailer (Costco). Thoughts?

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the battery in using the pinhole reset button?

France
  • bdubya

Tinkerer

Options

Just tried the battery reset. Merci, mais...no change. Keyboard still clicks but produces nothing on-screen.

One other note:the keyboard DOES function normally at the login screen. I can use it to enter my Windows password, but once I'm logged in, nothing.

• bdubya

Tinkerer

Options

Found the solution:  "filter keys" was turned on in settings > ease of access > keyboard.  Held down the right shift key for several seconds to turn filter keys off.