Aspire R14 Model: R5-471T-52EE - Charging Port Issue

Options
jordanrs1980
jordanrs1980 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi All, 

I have had the Aspire R14 Model: R5-471T-52EE for about 18 months now.  Roughly 3 months ago I started having trouble making a connection with the charger.  I wasn't certain if it was the actual charger or the port/jack (not sure of the proper name) in the computer, so I purchased another charging cable.  That seemed to work for a few months, but now it is no longer making a proper connection.  I usually have to push/hold the cable into the computer, or wiggle it around for a while hoping I will find the perfect spot and then be certain not to move the computer, or the connection will immediately be lost.  So the issue appears to be the port/jack in the actual computer.  I tried contacting Acer, but I am no longer under warranty and they want a standard $350 bucks no matter what the issue.  That seems a bit crazy to me.  I called a local repair shop, but they wanted to know if it was soddered to the motherboard or not.  I don't know the answer to that, and was hoping someone here might know?  Any help on the best way to fix this issue would be very much appreciated.  I can't imagine the part is all that expensive, so I am hoping the more I can find out here, the less likely someone can take advantage.  Thanks in advance, I look forward to your replies!

Best, 

Jordan