Aspire R 11 - Laptop Hanging Issue

Options
Vishwajit
Vishwajit Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I have purchased Aspire R 11 Laptop. I am using my this laptop very nice, even for 8 - 10 hours continuously without any issue. The real serious problem arises when I connect my Aspire R 11 Laptop to Projector. After about one hour of usage, my said laptop gets freezes and i have faced this problem 6 times in a row resulting loss in valuable data as i need to switch off laptop. Kindly please somebody suggest a solution.

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

What software package are you using?

Which port does the Projector connect to?

What OS?

• Vishwajit
    Options

I am using MS Office, Projector connecting to HDMI Port, Platform Windows 10

• Vishwajit
    Options

I am using MS Word 2000, Projector connecting to HDMI Port, Platform Windows 10

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Think first I would download BatteryInfoView from Nirsoft and check to see if the power consumption goes up quite a bit when projecting. Also I would check the case for hotspots. I have seen HDMI devices that pull more power from the PC than they should.

More technical: open Device Manager and make sure that all of these DPTF and ACPI elements are working properly. The R3/R11 is a ventless design like a tablet and must avoid overheating without a fan. When everything is working propely, it is very reliable but from what you say I am suspecting an overheat issue.

Note in the enclosed picture I have removed things in the middle - from my R3/R11

R3/R11 Device Manager Thermal ElementsR3/R11 Device Manager Thermal Elements

• Vishwajit
    Options

Sir, exactly what do u mean by "I have removed things in the middle - from my R3/R11" ? have you uninstalled ?

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

In respect of losing lots of valuable data, you could consider LibreOffice as an alternative to MS Word, and whichever you choose I suggest autosave your documents every few minutes.

Is there a possibility of an ethernet connection to the projector?

But the overheat seems certain to be the root cause.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Mean I cut and pasted the image just to show the two important sections. Thery is A Lot between "keyboards" and "storage controllers" I trimmed from the screen capture.

That my R3 has been hotrodded to run with an i7 is not pertinent to this discussion.

• fkhairaz
    fkhairaz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am facing the same problem. The Aspire R 11 Hangs when its connected to a Projector.

It's very embarrasing while conducting an session, in between my laptop keeps hanging. This has to be an hardware issue which needs to have some solution.

It hang's only when its connected to Projector { HDMI or VGA }

I have filed for an online complain, and the support team has assured me a technical person would visit. WIll surely share solution on the forum.

• cursythought
    cursythought Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have exactly the same issue here. when i am using my Aspire R11, it runs smoothly. But when i am using a projector either via hdmi or avg, it is always hanging. Is this worth it?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    @cursythought   >>>But when i am using a projector either via hdmi>>>>

Does HDMI out to a TV also freeze? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ