Anyone upgrade Acer R7-572 to Windows 10 yet?

Apache0c
Apache0c Member Posts: 9 New User
I've been sitting on the update for a couple weeks now.

Funny because my friend's 572 still hasnt downloaded it even though he did reserve it. 

Anyway, I've heard a ton of complaints from friends on FB w/ laptop driver problems and other misc. issues with the Win 10 upgrade so I havent installed it yet. Had 20 new Win 8.1 important updates pop up all of a sudden and ran those just now though, not that it matters but it's interesting. 

So has anyone upgraded their Acer R7-572 to Windows 10 yet?

Answers

• Apache0c

I'm hesitant because I just recently got Win 8.1 fully situated and running smoothly. Not to mention I'm finally getting used to it and actually starting to like it. 

I went ahead and hid the Win 10 update for now. Hopefully some of you will start to respond here as people start installing the update. 

Whos going to test it first?? Smiley Very Happy

• Dubfather
    Dubfather Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes, had a problem with a few apps opening & immediately closing, calculator was one, did a reset under recovery settings & it fixed the problems, only thing I lost was the Dolby Digital Plus settings, reinstalled the old driver & it was back. No problems since then.

• stepdrill
    stepdrill Member Posts: 1 New User

I just bought a Acer r11 r3-131t-c28s and the 32gb ssd is to small for windows 10.  Do you know if the ssd is soldered to the motherboard? Would like to get a bigger ssd.

• cepsipola
    cepsipola Member Posts: 8 New User

I'm very hesitant to install Win10 on my R7-572 right now, as I rely on it for work. I'm a fulltime artist, and I'm worried about the pen not working, or not working well after the move to Win10. I currently use the NTrig Wintab drivers for the pen, so I need to know if it'll continue to work under Win10. If not, it's a no-go for me.

I've done a clean install of Win10 on my desktop, and it went smoothly and has been running great. I'd love to install it on my R7-572 at some point.

• rufaz
    rufaz Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter

hey, i am running r7-572g with upgrade to windows 10 (not clean installation)

everything worked well, including the pen (i tested it in microsoft word, pen works fine, pressure sensitivity works as it should)

the only problem i had when i upgraded to windows 10, was that there was a "mouse lag" issue.

mouse stutters every few seconds. however, this was fixed by reinstalling audio driver that you can obtain from acer website for windows 8.1 (driver version 7027). realtek driver caused the problem. anyway, you can always "revert" back to windows 8. there is a button for that, available for a month after you upgrade to win 10. Smiley Happy

if you lose the dolby thing, it is there in the very same audio driver you download. it is in a folder named "ds1"

• Apache0c

Well I eventually did the upgrade. If you want to call it that. I might switch back to Win 8.1 

I'm going along reading a webpage, just scrolling down a bit and it just jumps away from me and scrolls all the way to the bottom of the page. I have to start scrolling back up to find my place. Then sometimes it does it again right after. Incredibly annoying. Is this happening for anyone else?

• alton114
    alton114 Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes just did on an acer r3-131t-c28s all is good. I needed a 16gb fash drive to install it and when done installed new audio driver from acer windows 10 and the mouse is fine. My input on windows os is I use only tabets hp tc4400 on vista. Using this acer and windows 10 I had to do alot of seaching and learning about the new os and I can see where people can have a hard time adjusting to windows 8 & 10. But with a little time I found it easier. 

Good luck to everyone and keep learning.

• scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

Apache0c wrote:

Well I eventually did the upgrade. If you want to call it that. I might switch back to Win 8.1 

I'm going along reading a webpage, just scrolling down a bit and it just jumps away from me and scrolls all the way to the bottom of the page. I have to start scrolling back up to find my place. Then sometimes it does it again right after. Incredibly annoying. Is this happening for anyone else?

It may not be related, but I had the same problem, and it turned out to be a keyboard going bad.

I posted below about the replacement

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series/Replacing-the-keyboard-on-an-Aspire-R7-572/m-p/411965#U411965