AcerS7-392 Windows 8.1 Pro. Want to reinstall Acer Pro Shield.

krishenacharia
krishenacharia Member Posts: 10 New User

My Acer Pro Shield application was deleted. To get it back I am addvised to restore the notebook back to factory srare by cleaning the hard drive. Is this the only way out of the problem. Even system restore enatils lot of hardwork of reinstallling lot of applications.

Any help please. Thanks.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, you may have to restore your system to factory default. Still, before proceeding with the same, you are advised to contact Acer support using the following link to check if there are alternatives available:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.

• krishenacharia

If this is the only way I think this is the worst system to have. The drivers and applications should be available as and when neeeded. It is easier said than done. This reversaol to factory state could take more than half a day as this will reqquire installation of all the programs and other software installed.  These applications should be provided to authorised system usersa via a download link. There is a process of reeinstalling drivers and application but most of the important item are missing out of the available list.

Any help will be appreciated. This was the answer also I got from Acer support.

• krishenacharia

Acer Pro-shield v1.6 is available in applications reinstall via recovery management console. I  do not understand how I missed and made this an issue. I have successfully reinstalled the application.

Apologies to all who got involved in the issue.

Great Acer Thanks