Acer r7 will not start up

Options
tebo333
tebo333 Member Posts: 5 New User
Acer r7 will not start up

My R7 will not boot. The batery charging light is on and the light next to it lights up when i hit the power button but the computer will not boot. i have tried basic batery reset on back of computer as well as un pluging batery and doing a 30 sec reset to clear static. any ideas from the hive mind?

one more note, ive tried diferent power suplies as well

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

any image on the screen or just black screen?

if you get a black screen, can you please connect your laptop to an external monitor/tv using an HDMI cable?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tebo333
    Options

just a black screen i have tried starting it with external monitor with no luck. 

• IronFly
    Options

if you are still under warranty, give Acer support service a call.

it's not an easy issue to fix.

if you are out of warranty and brave enough, you can try to open the bottom of your laptop, disconnect the HDD and check if it's able to boot to BIOS.

• tebo333
    Options

im out of warranty 

i had it open already so i went ahead and tried removing the HDD. same thing still no screen just the two lights at front of computer. i guess its worth noting i dont hear any fans or hardware noise only evadince or power at all is the two blue lights

• IronFly
    Options

let's try to take off everything, so remove SSD if any and ram too.

can you also post the exact R7 model?

• tebo333
    Options

R7-572

model  v5mm1

ok i pulled out hard drive and the two ram sticks still same situation 

• IronFly
    Options

check your private messages

• tebo333
    Options

have not found a solution think at this point it must be a hardware error. just wanted to take a quick second to shout out to IronFly for taking a chunk of his day today to try and help. thanks for all the advice man 

• IronFly
    Options

you welcome.

• seem
    seem Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    @tebo333 any luck in fixing your laptop? I am too facing the same issue with the same model as that of yours, and also out of warranty period. Did some preliminary troubleshooting with no outcome, so took it to a local technician. Technician couldn't trace where exactly the problem is and returned my laptop over 3 weeks by saying it might have a motherboard issue, take it to acer support they might fix the laptop. Approached acer  america for support however got response as; it is a old model and  parts might not be available. 
    I am just not happy with the support where I don't have opportunity to know what exactly the problem is and also don't want to let go this acer product with its unique great experience while I used it.
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ seem
     check with local tech for services if you need original parts contact acer part partners 
    https://community.acer.com/en/profile/Kev0806​                                 Kev0806 Authorized Parts Partner 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    @seem, is your also a R7-572 model or one of the other R7s? Do your power and battery lights also come on? Do you see anything on the screen at all? Can you hear the HDD spinning and does it make the normal seeking clicks once it's up? I'm trying to help decide if the issue is a display failure or a boot failure.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.