Acer aspire s3 ultrabook fan noise

Options
jacob0593
jacob0593 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,
my new acer aspire s3 fan is running quite loud for the simplest of tasks even when recently just powered on. There is no signs of over heating. I was just wondering if anybody knows a solution to the problem or has had the same problem?

Answers

• Too51oll
    Too51oll Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options

This is what I've had been using when I had S3. Post #4.

You can also update your bios to the latest one (it doesn't really make much of a difference)

• jacob0593
    jacob0593 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks a lot great help

• sbirsen
    sbirsen Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Too51oll, would you by chance know how to adjust that fan control software to a S7-391 ? I've been tinkering with it, and your S3 adjusted config file, but it would not work on the S7 so far...

Any help would be great. Thanks !

• Too51oll
    Too51oll Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

Options
    I've spent a lot of time on it and couldn't figure it out. Sorry.
  • rsossaman
    rsossaman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I would recommed looking at the task manager to see if there are any programs running in the background that are using a lot of CPU. I found that McAfee "Real-time" virus scanning was cuasing issues for me. I turned it off and the fan runs much less often now.

Also make sure to update your Bios from the acer website. 

The fan is still somewhat annoying, but it is much better now. 

• quicka
    quicka Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My S3-391 out of nowhere started running the fan at 100% even if it was cold.

How to fix:

1). Remove the AC power adapter from the laptop

2). Power down

3). Using a thin object such as a paperclip press the battery disconnect switch for 30 seconds. (It is located on the bottom near the back with a picture of a small battery next to it)

4). Power up while pressing F2, enter bios and reset everything to default then exit saving changes

• kibiraa-90
    kibiraa-90 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello I want to ask how can I stop this noise the fan makes me very irritating. with the new bios I am. I changed the thermal paste thermal skin patches and still the fan stops working it is very noisy. way or another if you can go to an old bios update

• asraabatool
    asraabatool Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i do two things to fix this

1st i update the bios

2nd im using this ( http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/04/this-handy-tool-keeps-your-laptops-fan-under-control/)

and it really works for me try it