Acer Swift 1 Battery

Options
swift1_ray
swift1_ray Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've recently just bought Acer Swift 1 laptop and I was concerned about taking care of the laptop's battery (undetachable) life. I've read so many posts regarding it such as 'not fully charge it', 'not fully drain it', 'do not keep it plugged in 24/7 with the AC adapter'. I could not find any reliable source from ACER website itself. So can anyone tell me what should I really do and what not to do?

Keeping the laptop plugged in even when it is fully charged 100%? or unplug it once it's 100% and let it drain until 20% then charge again and repeat the cycle?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

There's no definitive way to maintain your laptop battery, using laptop connected with AC adapter will not damge the battery, if you recharge the battery often, it will reduce the usage time, you can monitor the battery life by installing HWMonitor and keep monitoring the wear level, it all depends on how you use your laptop, I use it on a desk most of the time, so I keep connected to AC most of the time.

You can adjust the settings for Critical battery level and Reserve battery level as you prefer(snip) in Advanced Power options, do not select 0% as it will drain the battery completely and it's not good for battery health. 

Yes, you can keep connected to AC even after 100% charged, if you disconnect it to move away from your desk, you can recharge any time you want to and do not have to wait for 20% or any set level.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Capture2.JPGCapture1.JPG