Acer S7-392 Incorrect color display

Options
salmanshah
salmanshah Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi,

I recently bought a Acer S7-392. But it is showing me inccorrect color everywhere. The color is bit yellowish.

For example the Metro screen background color should show me purple (win 8.1 default), but its showing me blue color. I checked and matched the settings with my desktop. 

I have also opened a same photo taken by camera and displayed it in acer s7 and my desktop. 

In my desktop monitor the subject is showing me perfect white color.

In Acer S7 its displaying a yellowish white color which does not match with the subjects real color.

What should I do now?

I only updated my windows to 8.1, I haven't used it yet.

Should I try reinstalling my windows? If so how will I activate my windows? I don't know where I can find the activation key that came with my ultrabook.

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Do you have the 8.1 vga driver installed? S7-392 IntelGraphics Driver 10.18.10.3304 for Windows 8.1 64-bit or are you using the 8.0 driver?

• salmanshah
    Options

Hi philetus,

I had installed the vga driver from the windows update. But I also tried installing the vga driver manually from intel's website. But the color problem still exist.

Do you think reinstalling the windows would fix the problem? 

• philetus
    Options

Before you do that, uninstall any graphics drivers you find in Add and Remove.Uninstall the driver in Device Manager and if it asks, delete the software.Make sure you have the driver to install ready.Install the IntelGraphics Driver 10.18.10.3304 for Windows 8.1 64-bit and see what you have.

If you do a recovery, this is for a S7-191, but it may be the same. See if anything with yours looks the same.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28526/~/reinstall-windows-on-the-aspire-s7-191

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3068/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDE1NDI3OTMxL3NpZC9HU1NuVVQ2bQ%3D%3D

• salmanshah
    Options

I have uninstalled and deleted the software from device manager but its still the same.

Then I ran the Intel Update Manager and it installed the version no 15.xxxx

No changes. The color are the same as before. Smiley Sad

I will follow your link and let you know the results.

But which windows installation file should I install and where can I get it?

• philetus
    Options

According to Acer, your S7 graphics doesn't call for any driver version that starts with 15. Thats why I said download version 10.18.10.3304 and install it.

If your Recovery is intact the Windows is in the Recovery and will be uninstalled.

• salmanshah
    Options

Yes, I installed 10.18.xxx but its still the same.

• salmanshah
    Options

I have reinstalled windows. The problem didn't fix.

I think this is not a problem but a defect or this model is not good at displaying correct color.

Can you anyone suggest me what to do?

Should I sell it after using some month and get a version of Broadwell when it is released?

• philetus
    Options

If you bought  it new and it's still under warranty, you should contact Acer.