Acer R7 won't open Acer Recovery management.

techkid96
techkid96 Member Posts: 1 New User

For Christmas I got an Acer R7-572 and I wanted to creat a recovery drive. But when I open Acer recovery managment and say yes to the user account control it never opens. I call Acer 5 times and nothing works, but they had me do stuff like refresh and restore my computer and nothing worked.One time they tried selling it to me for $45 plus tax. Is it just me having this problem or is there a way to make it work or should I exchange it for a new one at bestbuy where I got it? I want to be able to recover my computer and do a clean install when I upgrade my hard drive in the near future. 

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry to hear you are having problems launching eRecovery. It is possible the recovery partition is corrupted, causing it not to launch eRecovery. I am sending you a private message requesting additional information.

• PenguinJim
    PenguinJim Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

You could try loading the Acer Recover program manually. Browse to c:/Program Files/Acer/Acer Recovery Management/eRecoveryUI

• eddysalim
    eddysalim Member Posts: 2 New User

HI i had the same problem, but i fixed , what do you need to doy first , backup all your data , refreshing your system doesnt work work , first flip the windows to the right and put settings -----push change pc settings------update and recovery--------

remove everything and reinstall windows , follow all the steps , ok this is very very important , dont conect your compuer to internet for any reason believe me if you update your windows you can t open e recovery , ok if you follow all the steps without a internet connection and inside of windows without the internet , push erecovery manager and taran is open now you can make you usb recovery , remember you need a 32 gb usb al least . (sorry for my english) , but this steps resolve my problem . believe put comforable because this take a lot of time.

• Constantine89
    Constantine89 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have same problem too Smiley Sad Please help me...

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

if you have windows 8.x, you can try to create an USB recovery media from windows default application (Acer errecovery is based on windows application); just follow this instructions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

I'm not an Acer employee.