Acer R7-572 blue light, dead?

Options
dewlur
dewlur Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, 

Probably BIOS Issue?
When I press power the blue LED lights up for 8 seconds, nothing comes on the screen, fans won't start. I tried replacing RAM, WIFI and HDD, still nothing. When you plug the power, it's charging the battery. You can see it by the orange light. If we try turning it on, same thing, 8 seconds of blue light.

I also made a video, please mute it and just read annotations Smiley Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqSJ38ozNVA

It was working fine for a long time, I edited UEFI via windows. And probably bricked it when I pressed the battery button on the bottom of Acer.

Best Answer

• dewlur
    Answer ✓
    Options

Believe it or not, I was ready to flash the bios with the programmer. But before desoldering it, I desoldered the battery and just gave it a shot and connected the power supply and pressed the power button, and it turned on!

So I soldered the battery back in place and it works perfectly fine now. I have no idea how how or why it happened but desoldering battery wirked for me and the problem was not in the bios corruption as I originally suspected.

Very weird. But thanks for the help.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi dewlur,

It doesn't look like it is getting to the point where it can try to load to UEFI and fail. I would recommend having it serviced, as I suspect it could be the Mainboard itself.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• dewlur
    Answer ✓
    Options

Believe it or not, I was ready to flash the bios with the programmer. But before desoldering it, I desoldered the battery and just gave it a shot and connected the power supply and pressed the power button, and it turned on!

So I soldered the battery back in place and it works perfectly fine now. I have no idea how how or why it happened but desoldering battery wirked for me and the problem was not in the bios corruption as I originally suspected.

Very weird. But thanks for the help.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Great Job...soldering is a bit above the technical level of most users, including myself. Smiley Happy

• imihai
    imihai Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you very much, i was thinking about the BIOS battery but i didn't had balls enough to desolder the battery, after i saw your post i tried. And now thank to you it works again. You save me some money and time...