Acer R7 571G looses connection to it's GeForce video card

exebook
exebook Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I own this model since May 2013, and all this time I have this problem:

In my drivers list the NVidia GeForce Mobile sometimes is present and most of the time not.

When it suddenly appears it will stay for a few days or weeks and I can play all the modern games happily. But then something will happen computer will reboot and the driver is no longer in the list, and for month until it will appear suddenly again.

This already happened about 5 times. Unfortunately I cannot go to the repair because I bought this device in Taiwan and now I am in rural Russia.

I suppose it might be a microcrack in the PCB or maybe a bad sensor or a bad cable, who knows. This is definitlely not a driver or software issue. Or is it? Any ideas? 

This device is very good, but without GeForce it looses about 25% of it's value.

Answers

• Hi exebook,
    Thanks for posting here, As you rightly said, its a Hardware issue, You can try to reseat the Video card (Be cautious not to damage any internal components).. Also as you said you got the unit May of last year, if you have warranty the unit may still have International Warranty, so you can try to contact any acer store near you in Russia,.
    you can find the World wide support Location & details Here