Acer R5-571T loud fan

genous
genous Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

My laptop fan is super loud, even when it is spinning slow. You can hear it from accross the room even when the laptop is just sitting idle.

Does this model have a louder than usual fan? or is there something wrong with my device specifically? Is anyone else having the same issue with the R5-571T ? I just purchased the laptop a couple of weeks ago so there is nothing running in the background. I feel like compared to my previous acer laptop (Aspire 4830tg), this laptop was a downgrade.

Answers

• genous

Can someone who owns the same laptop comment on this? Are you / are you not experiencing high pitched loud fan noise?

• sdsubball23
    sdsubball23 Member Posts: 7 New User
    I haven't noticed any loud fan noise on my R5-571T. I got mine refurbished online on 12/6.
  • chchar
    chchar Member Posts: 7 New User

Same with my new laptop just bought today. My model is R5-571T-774E. Any idea how to solve this problem?

• genous

I tried both the r14 and the r5. Returned both. There is no solution, design is bad.

• chchar

As what I know, not all unit with this problem? Tomorrow will call Acer service center to clarify whether this is standard issue or abnormal.

• chchar

I checked from Store for the display unit and found is without sound. I will bring back to Store and see any problem with it.

Anyone experience this as well?

• Chicaghost
    Chicaghost Member Posts: 2 New User

I am also expiericing the loud fan issue.  I am only web broswing with when the fan kicks on.  Has Acer aknowleged that is a hardware/design issue? 

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

happens to mine too... its very weird but oh well

• chchar

I brought it up to Acer service center and the technician said this is normal and nothing to fix Smiley Frustrated

• Chicaghost
    Chicaghost Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the replies.  Some times this thing sounds like it's going to blast off into orbit. 

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Please check the article below on how you can reduce fan noise coming from your computer.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/418#_ga=1.15323317.263337500.1415824428

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • chchar

I thought I received good news about how to resolve my fan loud issue but however dissapointed is because the guide is teach us on how to clean the fan dust and based on 2013 post Smiley Frustrated

My laptop just bought few days ago and fan sound happened when the day I bought this unit. This is nothging to do with dust at the fan. 

• genous

I am fairly certain that this is not a dust problem. After all, mine started making noise the same day I got it. Also, dust noise is usually low pitched (rattling, etc..) not high-pitched.

High-pitched noise from an electric motor (a fan) is usually caused by the frequency of the PWM that controls the speed of the fan. I think the people that designed it used a human-audible frequency, which would essentially turn the coils of the motor into a speaker. That's my only explaniation.

If the above sounds like the problem you're having, don't bother dusting the fan. Just return it like I did.

• PPMSM1
    PPMSM1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Same issue occasionally even when there's minimal load.  Model R5-571T-59DC bought refurb @ NewEgg on 3/4.  Debating whether to return tmrw 'cause it has only 30-day return policy, being a refurb.  Suggestions ?

• chchar

In my opinion, this loud fan is not defect but is design issue. If you can get use of this sound, then you can consider to continue use it because it will not affect the system performance and if you found another replacement model meeting your spec and price, then go ahead to return.

The reason I still use this model is because of the cost, performance (still happy at this moment) and available similiar spec is limited. In summary, everything good except fan sound only.

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I have my Laptop for almost 6 months now and the fan did not really bother me much. The real issue is that the Laptop can get really really hot. I was worried and so I bought a $35 Laptop cooler and it never got super hot again (85F before Cooler, 75F after Cooler).

• sliderkt
    sliderkt Member Posts: 1 New User

This is the same issue I've been having, though it started as an occasional noise and is now going almost steadily.. And yes, sometimes I think it will last off too! Sonds like gardening equipent!

I also wondered about cleaning it as mine has been getting worse and I use it regularly.  Since my laptop is over a year old and out of warranty I may just open it up to see what I can do.. maybe find a replacement fan that is quieter?

• GeekoLUnDsOp
    GeekoLUnDsOp Member Posts: 14 New User

Have the same problem especially when i am using it while it is charged.

• agusphilipp
    agusphilipp Member Posts: 2 New User

I have had the same issue with my laptop since the day i got it. It´s a problem from this pc model in particular. The only solution that worked well for my laptop was downloading two programs. One of them is SpeedFan in which i have increased the minimun temperatures for the fan to turn on, and the second program is Intel Extreme Tunning Utility that i used to undervoltage the core in -0.050 Volts. Using this two programs is totally safe and do not affect the performance of the pc. Hope it works for you all!SpeedFan and Intel XTU configurationSpeedFan and Intel XTU configuration

• 1210saad
    1210saad Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey I just did what you said, seems to be working. Is there a way to keep the settings after rebooting or do you always have to turn on Intel Extreme Tuning? Same with speedfan.