Acer Aspire R7-571 stuck in bootloop

Options
dfodel
dfodel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I turned the laptop on one day to find it starting up to the Acer splash screen and hanging there for a few seconds and then shutting off a restarting to the same screen. I removed the HDD to see if it was corrupted in some way, and the machine starts to a "No boot device available" message and sends me to the Boot device manager screen. When I insert a boot device, such as a USB loaded with a bootable Ubuntu image, the "No boot device available" message is gone but the bootloop restarts. This leads me to believe the problem is not with the HDD, but with the BIOS. I cannot figure out how to reflash or upgrade the BIOS on the Acer Aspire R7-571, so if someone could help me with that or suggest an alternate solution I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

If you hold down alt-F10 during the boot, you should get to the repair/troubleshooting mode.

• dfodel
    dfodel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I tried holding alt-f10 but nothing happens. The machine still loops at the splash screen. I also tried f8 because I read that might get me somewhere but that didn't do anything either.