Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acer Aspire R5-471T support for Modern Standby (S0 low power idle)

Highlighted
New User

Hi,

Looking to purchase the Aspire R5-471T.  However, want it to support Win10 Modern Standby (S0 Low Power Idle).  This is the modern variant of connected standby/instango and allows notifications to be recieved while the device is asleep and for Alarm apps to wake the laptop.

Looked at one of the laptops today, and ran the command powercfg /a to check the supported sleep states.  Says that S0 low power idle is not supported by the firmware.

I tested a number of current Skylake based laptops from HP and Toshiba, and appears none of them are currently supporting this sleep state.

As I understand it, the hardware in this laptop should support this sleep state.  I understand that a bunch of OEMs may have disabled this mode because Windows 10 didn't support it properly.  However, Surface Pro 4 has recently had its sleep issues fixed, so assume this is now working in Windows 10.

Would like to know if the R5-471T is capable of supporting this sleep mode, and if it is, is Acer is going to issue a firmware update to support the Modern Standly sleep state ?

3 REPLIES
Acer Community Manager

Re: Acer Aspire R5-471T support for Modern Standby (S0 low power idle)

Hi fire-fly,

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for your question, but it does sound like a good idea if the technology is catching up. I would like to suggest taking a look at our Idea's platform (linked up top) and submitting this there. This is a great way for you to  find other users who are looking for these features and to show us how important these features are.

Cory

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

New User

Thanks Cory,

Have reposted on the ideas forum,

Regards

Brad

Troubleshooter

Hi Acer

This is an excellent idea. I recently saw a video on YouTube which explained longer battery life on surface pro 4 after latest update on standby state. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbOHKxWhkYc

We can see it by running cmd "powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html"

I would +1 this feature if it can still be enabled on Acer Aspire R14 (i7) with a software update.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to highlight a user that joined the Community just 3 months ago and in that short amount of time has already authored more than 25 solutions and ranked up to Valued Contributor. Congratulations Flx, keep up the good work!

Total Posts Written: 345
Total Kudos Received: 78
Solutions Accepted: 26

Flx
Valued Contributor Flx

Valued Contributor