Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Touchscreen inconsistent lag or latency problem

awoo1992
awoo1992 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE that has issues with its touchscreen. When I am trying to take notes with a pen or my finger the touch screen will lose sensitivity or lags very badly after about 5 seconds(varies between 1 and 10 seconds) and regain it after a few minutes only to lose it again after some seconds. I am trying to set this laptop up as a note taker for my college courses and when it is working it is fine but when the touchscreen fails it makes it impossible to use for notes. The lag is around half a second to a second and makes writing words nearly impossible.  I have tried Evernote and google Keep with identical results. I have this problem when the laptop is plugged in and when it is unplugged. I fully updated Win10 to 3/6/2017 before I performed the factory reset.

I have:

1.) Reinstalled the HID- compliant touchscreen driver

2.) taken it apart and looked for lose cables (keyboard needed to be fixed this way since it seemed to have been tossed about during shipping)

3.) Performed a factory reset

4.) ran the calibration tool

5.) ran the troubleshooeter (seems to fix it for, again, a few seconds but this could be due to the time it takes to run the troublshooter)

6.) changed the latency in regedit (I restored this to default when it didnt help any)

7.) updated the BIOS version from 1.05 - 1.06

The screen works after restarting and doesnt seem to malfunciton until I start using it for notes. (What i mean is that no matter how long I run the computer for, the screen seems responsive the first few second I use it to take notes) This seems to indicate that high volumes of input over a period are the problem since regular browsing on the touch screen doesnt seem to effect this at all. However, since the malfucntion seems to be completly random as far as the input length of time, I cannot confirm this.

I am going to try a fresh reformat of Win10 tonight if I get the chance but I was hoping someone else has had this issue before and can help. Please and thank you.