Acer Aspire R14 only has base Windows 10 software.

Options
ameservia
ameservia Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased an Acer Aspire R14 and have experienced a series of unfortunate events.  To start off with, I uninstalled and then later attempted to reinstall the Netflix application and received "Error 0x80240014" which I thought may have been a unique error to my computer because I purchased it used for a suspiciously low price.

It turns out though that this is a problem everyone is experiencing, so my current thought-process was to just wait until Netflix or the Windows App Store figures out what is wrong.  If anyone knows how to fix this however, that would be great.

The real problem was created when I was trying to fix this error.  I reset my laptop several times after running out of ideas and I believe that I reformatted the version of Windows that was on my laptop.  Normally the Aspire R14 comes with the background shown below:

xl-2015-acer-aspire-r14-1.jpg

After resetting my Windows 10 software several times though, I found that when I opened my laptop, it was the normal Windows 10 background image which looks something like this:

Windows-10-RTM-Wallpaper.jpg

Along with this change I have discovered that the auto-rotate doesn't work and the symbols that show up on the screen that signify which mode the laptop is in (tent mode, tablet mode, etc.) do not show up anymore.  This leads me to believe that the OS has switched from an Acer-specialized Windows 10 to the basic Windows 10.  If so, can I get it back and how so?

Please help!

Answers