ASPIRE R3-131T doesn't get charged correctly

keriaks
keriaks Member Posts: 4 New User

I noticed about 4 weeks back that my almost new (hardly used) laptop - model# R3-131T-P3BM.

Following are the symptoms.

1. Unable to Charge directly, have to shutdown the laptop or put it in sleep mode and then connect the adapater, after a while the charging light indicator turns ON indicating charging
2. When I see Blue light indicating the it's Fully charged, I start using the laptop again and when I unplug the adapter, I still see the "Charging" indication in the notification center in the main screen as if the adapter is still connected.
3. When I notice that the charge is low and connect the adapter for charging it sometimes shows the charging indication in notification center and sometimes doesn't. It is Random.

Initially I thought it's the adapter problem and called support to get some assistnace with the adapter.But now I think it's more to do with the Battery Pack or some hardware/driver supporting the charging function which isn't functioning correctly.

Any thoughts and direction to resolve this problem ?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol AC-BRP on the bottom of the laptop.

France
  • keriaks

Chat support team also recommended the same. Power reset did not help. Any other steps I could try ?

Thank you for the inputs and feedback.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

My R3-131T charger is 19V 2.37A output. Does that match yours ?

• keriaks

Yes, it's the same. it came as part of accessories with the laptop.

• keriaks

I should have never contact the Acer support. They made it worse and not ready to fix it anymore. Laptop doesn't even charge anymore.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

No but is on your record. Sounds like you have a hardware problem that needs to be fixed. Is it still under warrenty ?