laptop wont connect to internet

chazmond1
chazmond1 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
My aspire 5336-2616 won't connect to the Internet through wifi or hard wwired.it says " windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re - install the drive". It was working fine before. I turn it on it was connected to the net I leave for 2 minutes come back and it's not connected and won't reconnect. Can someone please explain to me what I am missing.

Answers

• TarBaby
    TarBaby Member Posts: 4 New User

Before you get into heavy diagnostics, run a malware scan using a good malware program such as malwarebytes. There is a free version >>>HERE<<<

If the malware scan comes back clean,

go to another computer with internet access, go >>>HERE<<<  select your product: "Notebook>Aspire>5336", select your operating system, there are three files 1 Lan & 2 Wireless Lan,download the drivers,these are .zip files, so you'll want to extract them and and put on a USB stick, (thumb drive, what ever you want to call it)

Go to the device manager, find your ethernet adapters (wired & wireless), One at a time, highlight the item, right click and select delete, select yes you want to remove from your system if you get a warning. Then from the text menu at the top of the device manager window, click on Action, select "Scan for Hardware changes". When the device is found Windows should want to install the drivers automatically, if not and it wants you to install them, browse to your USB drive and choose the appropriate folder. Once that is done move on to the next item be it LAN or Wireless LAN. You should be good to go after that, if not, post back and either myself or someone else will give you a hand.Smiley Happy