hi where can i find windows 7 usb driver for acer aspire v3-772g please!

thornnnn
thornnnn Member Posts: 6 New User

I got rid of windows 8 because frankly it's an apple knockoff and my laptop is not an apple.. i dont like i store.. i tunes or anything else windows is trying to emulate.. also windows 8 does not come with media center which i require.  The windows 7 install works.. but i do not have 3 drivers installed.. the one i am worried about now is the usb controller driver.. i have usb 3 hardware.. but it only works at usb 2 speed with no driver.  PLEASE can anyone tell me where to get  a windows 7 driver for acer aspire v3 772g usb controller!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    • Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Double click on the devices with Yellow exclamation mark, click on Details tab, scroll the drop down menu and select HardwareID, highlight the first value and copy/paste here.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    • Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Double click on the devices with Yellow exclamation mark, click on Details tab, scroll the drop down menu and select HardwareID, highlight the first value and copy/paste here.

• thornnnn

Hi thanks for the help! Smiley Happy   I managed to get a unsigned (generic i think) driver from microsoft.. but it did not want to use it because it was unsigned.  My usb is still 16Mb (usb 2.0) max.. but i have been copying a 3TB drive and cannot reboot to see if the driver works for another 20 hours.  Doing what you said.. hopefully i can find a driver specific to the hardware.. thank you for your insight and help so far.. the hardware IDs first value (of 4 similar) is:  PCI\VEN_8086&DEV8C31&SUBSYS_07811025&REV_04  The title of this device is: USBxHCI Compliant Host Controller.

• thornnnn

I still have a yellow ! next to this device.. but the complaint is that it is unsigned.  I see nowhere "this device is installed and properly working".  but like i said i cannot reboot till i'm done copying the 4tb drive at 16mbs usb 2.0 speed.  (this is on a 3.o usb connector that had 200Mbs speed when it was running windows 8).  Hardware is fine.. but need a windows 7 driver that will utilize it at usb 3 speed!

• thornnnn

So frustrating, using the information you lead me (by showing me where to find hardware info) to i found this driver: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21129/eng/Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver.zip.  I have to wait 18 hours to mess with it tho.  I tried to install it (without installing what's there) and it says i already have the best driver installed (the one with the yellow exclaimation mark for unsigned (microsoft?) driver still)  I'm still getting usb 2.o speeds with everything involved being 3.o.. cables and drives.. on a computer that works with 3.o if windows 8 installed.  In 18 hours i will reboot to see if i have 3.o speeds.. if not i will uninstall my yellow ! driver friend.. and install the one in the link above and see if that helps.  Hate to think if a reboot worked i could do this download in an hour instead of 19 hours.  THanks again for your invaluable assistance, i'll let you know how it goes.

• IronFly

You can try to uninstall the generic driver, reboot and install the Intel drivers you downloaded, if you still got the exclamation mark, you can try to do a manual installation.

• thornnnn

thanks IronFly, your help was clear concise and correct.  It led me right to the solution.  On reboot the installed windows (no signature) driver works.. i get 3.0 speeds now..   I could not have done this had you not pointed out the hardware IDs i needed to search drivers for.  THANKS A BUNCH Smiley Happy

• IronFly

You welcome, enjoy your laptop.

This discussion has been closed.