aspire 7250 stuck on 'starting windows'

Options
KG260778
KG260778 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

my laptop was getting stuck on the starting windows screen. in frustration i restored it to factory settings, erasing everything at this point i didn't care, i just wanted to use it! i let it do its thing overnight and in the am, hoping to finally use it but....grrr there it was again! that stupid starting windows screen! but now, none of the command prompts worked either! i tried to start in safe mode (and every other option) but i would see a flash of blue screen, then back to command promts screen! after some research, im thinking i have to reinstall windows. i found the product key on the bottom of my laptop.....so why - after paying for the laptop and everything in it - do i have to purchase what i need?!!!!

not impressed.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

KG260778,

I am sorry that you are frustrated and hope I can provide some information so to help. As for the product key, you should not need one if you are installing the OEM software using the recovery software built-in to the computer or recovery media you created or that can be purchased from our Acer Store.

If you need recovery media, please feel free to contact technical support in your region or visit our Acer Store. With the correct media it will not require a product key.

The other scenario is that it may not be a recovery issue, but a bad HDD as it sounds like you tried using the built-in recovery software.

My recommendation would be to either first try our recovery media for your system or take it to a local shop to have the HDD tested and make sure it does not have any bad sectors or failing.