Unhappy with advice from Acer

Options
kittyamazing
kittyamazing Member Posts: 1 New User

Your (Acer) "caption" of letters to verify was too difficult to read, had to reset about six times. Then, even though my warranty for my Acer cpmputer expired about 6 months ago, this site would NOT let me chat online with someone. Then, i finally found number to call, but had to wait 16 minutes before someone answered.  After all that, I am told I cannot get my photos, poems, sayings, etc. back that I had saved on computer, after I did Restore To Factory Settings, after my computer crahed for no apparent reason two days ago.  The Acer site stated i would NOT lose photos, etc. by doing the Restore option so I could get use of computer again.  All I wanted to know from Acer was how ad could I get my photos back.  I would not have done Retore option if I had kown i would lose all of them.  i am very frustrated and angry with Acer for not being more helpful, when I needed help. I can use computer now, such as Facebook, so it did not have to be repaired, but site would NOT let me speak with someone online. It was hard to understand the person on telephone, when I finally got them. I/we need it to be easier to contact Acer when we have problems with a computer I/we purchased from them.  Mine is an Acer Aspire/V5, which I have enjoyed very much, until I needed help with it.  I tried to have a video, showing a green screen, corrected and the computer crashed. Something called vosteran, or a similar name, keeps appearing at top of page when first turned on. I do not kow what that is and cannot get it off my computer.  I surely needed help with this and did not get it from Acer. I still want my pictres retreived, if possible, if somebody can tell me how.  

kittyamazing

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi kittyamazing,

I'm sorry for the frustration you've incurred in the last few days. Acer America (for customers in the US and Canada) provides in warranty phone and tech support for customers as well as an out of warranty pay for support phone option. We understand that customers who's warranty has expired continue to want to use their devices and need help. We've put a lot of effort and will continue to do so in area's such as our online support FAQs as well as providing the Acer community regardless of warranty.

It sounds like your operating system (Windows) corrupted or ran into an issue. Acer provides methods of reinstalling the operating system, but it has always removed everything from the Windows partition and unfortunately, once that's done, the data (pictures in your case) are not going to be retrievable. I'm not sure where it said it wouldn't remove data, if you have a link or resouce, I'd be glad to have the team take a look at it.

Here is our FAQ on how to recover the system, please note the precaution states that data will be erased: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26281

Thanks,
    Cory