SDHC card is read OK - 2nd card is not recognised - why

muymalestado
muymalestado Member Posts: 12 New User

Aspire 5745DG; Win7x64 Home

After a boot the card reader works exactly as expected and photos are taken off into software on the HDD.  The second card sits uselessly with no activity until a reboot when it also is read as normal.  Why is a reboot required?

Thank you.

Phil

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

This is an interesting issue you are reporting. My best suggestions would be to try to load the latest card reader driver from the support site, or try formatting the SDHC card you are having problems with.

• muymalestado

Thank you Blayn - for "interesting" I always read 'frustrating', but the suggestion to get the latest card reader driver is one I will try.  Formatting SDHC cards is always done in camera after offloading images.

• muymalestado

Have tried to download & install the Acer site Card Reader Driver / rebooted / mounted SDHC photo card / downloaded photos / formatted card / shot photos / mounted card with no response.  Rebooted / remounted the card / downloaded photos / formatted card ....... no response again.

So; a reboot is required to use a second card in the Reader.  Not the end of the world, but when doing a presentation for several people who all have cards, this is a real bind.

Thanks

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry my initial suggestion did not resolve your issue. Have you tried other cards, and if so, did it require reboot as well? Does it only happen if you use the cards from the camera? Maybe this is due to the way the camera is formatting the card. What happens if you try other cards formatted from the computer?

• muymalestado

Thanks Blayn.  I have access to limited SDHC card resorces; four cards and two cameras.  All permutations require a reboot to deal with a second card.

• muymalestado

I MAY have a 'solution'.  If I simply insert a 2nd card in the card reader slot and wait for 15 or 20 minutes when the card is usually identified and can be read as normal.  I must admit that waiting for this period had not occured to me previously.

Thank you for the responses.  I regard this as the solution.

Phil

This discussion has been closed.