Non-existing ACER service

Options
Nebol
Nebol Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi!

Wow, Acer REALLY does NOT want to sell stuff, do they?

To chat with someone I have to enter a serial no. Well I don't have one because I don't know what to buy yet.

So I can find no other way then to go to these forums and ask the questions to the users. So YOU guys have to be first line support. That's nice of you but mighty cheap of Acer.

But to ask a question here I have to create a Acer ID AND a Acer Communty membership...

Really?? So that's the definition of user-friendly according to Acer?

I just wanted to ask a simple question about one of the products you sell, Acer!

But now I'm just registering here to rant and to tell you that I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Bye.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Nebol,

While it's unfortunate that we've frustrated you, especially when you're looking to purchase a device, it surely isn't meant to be intentional.

Acer has worked hard to improve the our content online, in the form of acer.com and the Acer Community as a place to research and ask questions. We believe that this is the most prudent way for Acer to keep cost low which means we can keep our products competitively priced. I understand the desire for a fully staffed Pre-Sales support channel, but that cost would have to be absorbed into future products, and we've found that most people use the web to research and make decisions.

We provide documentation and equip our retail partners with the information needed to answer questions and while I'm sure we have room to grow, our warranty support teams may not be much better equipped as they won't see the newest products on the shelves for weeks and months until they begin receiving calls on them.

Finally, we've launched Acer online retail stores in over a dozen countries, they would be better equipped to discuss new products that they have available and may be someone who could help answer the question you have. http://store.acer.com

I'd really like the opportunity to see if I can help get you the information you were looking for and I hope my explanation helps with our current positioning. Either way, we do appreciate you coming in and providing feedback and I hope you make the best decision on your search.

Thanks,
    Cory