Looking to install another operating system on your Windows 8 system? Start here!

2»

Answers

• janetlan
    janetlan Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi stevenmalin, thanks for the suggestion! I've tried creating the bootable usb with rufus but still no luck...I ended up installing through CD and it works fine. However, I still would like to figure out how to boot using usb as I don't want to be burinng disks everytime I want to install something.

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I would like to announce we have released a BIOS update that supports the "Launch CSM" item in BIOS setup menu. Please visit http://www.acer.com/worldwide/ -> select your region -> click Support -> Drivers and Manuals -> Select your Product, and then download the BIOS version released on 9/15/2014 (or later).

Please be advised due to hardware limitations when CSM mode is enabled you may experience some HDMI audio issues.

• ThomasDieterIng
    ThomasDieterIng Member Posts: 1 New User

Model: V5-571pG

BIOS (UEFI) Version: legacy (Exact version I dont know right now)

Original Operating System: Windows 8

New Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64bit

Type of Issue: VGA Intel driver cannot be installed (VGA_Intel_9.17.10.2828_W8x64_A)

error popup says: The system does not meet the requirements

The read-me that comes with the driver gives no hint what requirement is not fullfilled.

intel chipset driver was installed.

• girth
    girth Member Posts: 1 New User

Hoping Acer releases a CSM compatible bios for my new laptop. Doing things the hard way and trying to keep the orginal GPT paritions in place. If all else fails, I know can go back to Legacy mode and wipe the drive.

Model: ASpire E5-571

BIOS (UEFI) Version: 1.11

Original Operating System: Win8

New Operating System: Win7

Type of Issue: Need CSM mode option