How to use Launch Manager?

katrina11
katrina11 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi, My computer came back from the repair shop having had the hard drive replaced and now when I press the Caps Lock key it doesn't bring the symbol up on the screen to show if I've turned it on or off, which it used to do. People said I should install Launch Manager from Acer's website so I went on it and installed the correct one for my Acer Aspire and it said it needed to reboot my laptop once installed so I did that, then when it turned back on.. nothing. So I went to the downloaded installation folder and tried clicking things like 'setup' and 'run' and nothing atall is happening. (caps lock symbol still doesn't work) What should I do?

Thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Hi..

It would helpful if you mention the model number of your computer

Have you restored the same OEM version of windows shipped with your computer?

Is it windows 7 or windows 8?

Do you receive any error message while installing the launch manager application?

• katrina11
    Hi, The laptop is Acca Aspire 5742Z I think I've restored the same OEM version, but not entirely sure what that means. It's windows 7. and no error messages during instillation.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

You may try installing launch manager application from this weblink Launch manager App

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

• katrina11
    Thanks, I seem to be having the same problem with the link you gave me, I can't go any further once its installed...