How do I get abApps Music onto my laptop Windows 8.1 rejects the file as invalid

maurieg
maurieg Member Posts: 4 New User

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Are you unzipping the file after the download? You need to extract or unzip the files.

What is thename of the instlation file are you trying to load. I see 2 the follwoing files in the zip folder. You should run the abMediaSetup.exe file, and it should begin the install.

abMedia.exe

abMediaSetup.exe

If you are still having problems, please download the file again and try, and let me know the results.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer

What type of file are you trying to send? Have you installed abApps on a desktop, and are trying to use the abMusic app to play the files? Can you provide more specifics on exactly what you are trying to do, so I can assist better?

• maurieg

I downloaded abApps portal to my Acer tablet along with abPHoto and abMusic,l thendownloaded abPHoto to my laptop which runs Windows 8.1 thus far so good, I then downloaded abMusic to my laptop but when I try to install the download Windows says file invalid.

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓

Are you unzipping the file after the download? You need to extract or unzip the files.

What is thename of the instlation file are you trying to load. I see 2 the follwoing files in the zip folder. You should run the abMediaSetup.exe file, and it should begin the install.

abMedia.exe

abMediaSetup.exe

If you are still having problems, please download the file again and try, and let me know the results.

• yuckily
    yuckily Member Posts: 22 New User

Hi maurieg,

If you want to play music on Desktop, you need to install abMedia. abMusic is just for mobile device(Android iOS Windows 8).

Here is the link for downloading: https://www.cloud.acer.com/ops/downloads

• maurieg

Thanks for your assistance,I have decided not. To install abApps at this time.

This discussion has been closed.