Hi,, I'm new here

stuffnsuch
stuffnsuch Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

I need help with an authentication problem,, where do I go????

Dan

Best Answer

• stuffnsuch
    Answer ✓

Sorry it took so long to get back,,,,, but, it took a few days, over the holidays, to get an English speaking tek at TelMex.

There seems to be a shortage of bandwidth in our area and they have been restricting use, (or something like that).

I now have service restored,,,, but,,,, the backup I did on the tablet doesn't seem to have worked,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyhow, thanks for all your time and help,,, Happy new year.

Dan

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Dan

Welcome to the community!

What sort of authentication problem do you mean? Is it with Windows activation?

If it is, then Acer machines do not need activation - they're already pre-activated. I'd suggest to backup all your data, and reinstall Windows. This should solve the problem.

If it isn't a Windows problem, post back with more information, and I'll see if I can help further!

• stuffnsuch

Hi finluz;

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I didn't give enough info....

My Acer, Iconia A200 tablet running Android 4.0.3, just decided it didn't want to talk with our modem.

It's been working for 2 years now, but when I turned it on yesterday, it gives me the message "Authentication problem".

I have reset the modem, deleted and re-entered the info for the modem, "many" times and still no go! We have 2 Acer laptops and another Acer identical Tab, all working fine,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrr. 

Now what's to do now????

Dan

• finlux

You have done everything I would have done! Try hard resetting your device, just make sure you have backed up everything first. Then try connecting again...

• stuffnsuch

Oh Boy,,, now I've reallt don it,,,,,

Did a hard reset, (I think I backed up everything) and the problem persists,,, Grrrrrrrrrr.

What now????

• finlux
    Have you tried switching off your router, then restarting?
  • stuffnsuch

Oh ya,,, several times, and did a rest a couple of times,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• finlux

Then I can only suggest, your tablet may have developed a fault.

• stuffnsuch
    Answer ✓

Sorry it took so long to get back,,,,, but, it took a few days, over the holidays, to get an English speaking tek at TelMex.

There seems to be a shortage of bandwidth in our area and they have been restricting use, (or something like that).

I now have service restored,,,, but,,,, the backup I did on the tablet doesn't seem to have worked,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyhow, thanks for all your time and help,,, Happy new year.

Dan

• finlux
    You're welcome Dan, and happy new year to you too Smiley Happy
  • aquariusal
    aquariusal Member Posts: 3 New User

I am trying to use HomeMedia. It found my network. When I click on the network icon I get the message "Server Authorization is required". But there is no information on how to get this authorization.

This discussion has been closed.