Dual boot Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview problems

Options
Seph19
Seph19 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm using an Aspire E1-472G laptop running Phoenix Technologies Ltd. V2.09, 11/22/2013, originally running OEM Windows 8.1  and as the Subject implies, I'm trying to install Windows 10 Technical Preview. I've already made an allocation space (aka Partitioned my hard disk), downloaded the ISO from the Windows site, burned it to a pendrive using Windows7USB/DVD Tool, temporarily disabled secure boot on boot settings and set pendrive as the first boot device. Yet, when I boot it still boots to the Win8.1. I tried booting to Boot manager but when I select the pendrive on which Win10TP is placed. The screen just goes black then flicker then I'm back to the Boot manager screen again. I've tested the pendrive on a friends laptop originally running Win7 and it worked fine. I also tried redownloading another ISO but same things happen. If anyone can shed some light on this it would highly be appreciated.

PS: If you'll be asking why I'm installing as Dual-boot instead of VM (virtual machine) it is because my RAM is only 4GB. Also, I'm a beta tester of an app that I prefer not to say and we're currently testing it on Win10 now.

Thanks in advance for any help that will be given!

PSS: Please be reminded that what I want is dual-boot so I'll still be able to use my Win8.1OEM. I am aware that there's a tutorial here for booting a different OS to Acer but I am also aware that switching from UEFI to Legacy BIOS would render my Win8.1 unbootable.