Cannot Install Windows 8 due to an I/O Device Error (Acer Aspire V3-711 Laptop)

Derri
Derri Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello, 

Recently I tried to install Windows 8. I have had Windows 8 on my Laptop before but I reformatted my computer and had a Windows 7 disk and decided I'd put that back on then upgrade to Windows 8 as I don't have a Windows 8 disk and only have a Windows 7 disk. So I followed Microsofts instructions found on this page: here and downloaded the Windows 8 Installer and entered my product key and everything was fine and then I downloaded Windows 8 but got an error when it was preparing the download for installation. 

Here's a screenshot of the error: 

Windows 8 Error

If anyone could provide any assistance I'd greatly appreciate it. 

My laptop is an Acer Aspire v3-771, 64 bit

Currently running Windows 7

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

There can be several reasons why you are getting this error. First, it is recommended to check if your CD/ DVD drive is attached properly to your computer (if you are using an external drive) and all the cables are connected appropriately. A faulty cable or loose connection may prevent the disc from running smoothly.

If the issue still persists, you can try some more troubleshooting options mentioned on the following webpage:
    Note: Though the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following link are for Windows XP, they may be helpful in your case too.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891894

Hope this will help you.