Audio Output device not installed after win 8.1 update

bdanyi
bdanyi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

I had recently installed the new 8.1 update and noticed that my sound card stopped working intermittently.  I would go to device manager and uninstall, restart, and it would work again for a few days.  It became more frequent so I refreshed the OS, reinstalled all the updates and upgraded once again to the 8.1 and its new updates.  The sound worked for a week and now it will not work at all.  I have tried everything.  Under device manager, it states the the Bluetooth Audio Device is not working.  The only audio device listed is the Intel Display Audio.  I have downloaded the recommended drivers from the Acer site and they will not even open up to be installed.  I am in desparate need of some assistance here.  I will be on two 4 hour plane rides in a few days and really rely on my laptop to watch movies while flying. I have an Aspire M5-481PT.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Did you try removing the devices that were not working in device manager, then rebooting or scanning for hardware changes to let it reinstall the device drivers? If that doesn't work, unfortunately, you may need to refresh back to Win 8, until MS gets all the kinks out of 8.1 and the new update.

• bdanyi
    bdanyi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Yes I did all of that.  I uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, reenabled, and downloaded every single driver I could find. Nothing worked at all.  I finally gave in and refreshed back to Win 8 (with no problems after about a week).  Do you know if there is a way to find out if and when they fix this bug?  I have searched many forums and haven't seen anyone with the same exact problem (similar ones tho).  I just thought it was strange that the audio worked for about a week or so then once it was gone I couldn't bring it back.  Thanks for your help. 

This discussion has been closed.