Acer Remote unable to wake sleeping Aspire XC-605

Options
BeeSee
BeeSee Member Posts: 26

Tinkerer

I have set up my Aspire XC-605 as an AcerCloud and it works fine, I can access my files with my iPhone and Android devices while the XC-605 is on, but not in sleep mode. In the Acer Remote Control Panel, if I tick the "allow to awaken computer" box, I get an "error: 205" and the box will not stay ticked.

I have all the latest updates, except the BIOS. Will updating the BIOS resolve this, or is there something else I am missing?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Honeybee
    Honeybee Member Posts: 50 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

HiBeeSee,

Since there is new-version Acer BYOC Apps, I sincerely recommend you to update the Acer BYOC Apps to the latest version for better experience of Acer BYOC service. After updating the apps, please try to launch Acer always connect again, confirm whether the error 205 is still appear.

Note: You can enable or disable the Acer Always Connect feature in Acer Portal.

Answers

• Fov
    Fov Member Posts: 26 New User
    Options

HiBeeSee,

Are you trying to enable Acer Always Connect on Acer Portal Control Panel and get the error: 205?

This feature requires BIOS support, just try to update the BIOS and have a look.

• BeeSee

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks Fov, that is exactly what I am trying to do.

I know where to get the BIOS update, but how do I do it on the XC-605 with Windows 8.1? What key do I press to get into the BIOS at startup? Everything loads so fast I don't see any options like on my old XP HP machine.

Thanks in advance!

• BeeSee

Tinkerer

Options

Forget the above, I just read the manual on how to get into the BIOS Smiley Very Happy

I will try it this evening.

• BeeSee

Tinkerer

Options

I finally got the BIOS update done, thanks to the help of Laurent_14. However, it did not solve the Acer Portal "Wake from Sleeping" issue. Anyone with other ideas?

• Fov
    Fov Member Posts: 26 New User
    Options

HiBeeSee,

Did the "error:205" still show after you updated BIOS?

If so, what will happen when you click the error message?

• BeeSee

Tinkerer

Options

Hi Fov.

Yes, the error 205 showed up as before. When I click it, it opens a file that list errors numbered in the 400 to 500 range, but no 205.

• Honeybee
    Answer ✓
    Options

HiBeeSee,

Since there is new-version Acer BYOC Apps, I sincerely recommend you to update the Acer BYOC Apps to the latest version for better experience of Acer BYOC service. After updating the apps, please try to launch Acer always connect again, confirm whether the error 205 is still appear.

Note: You can enable or disable the Acer Always Connect feature in Acer Portal.

• BeeSee

Tinkerer

Options

Honeybee, thank you for your suggestion. I updated all the "ab" apps, and see the interface has even changed. The box allowing the apps to wake up the computer was checked off, and everything was fine, no error 205 message like the previous version. I also made sure I had the latest apps on my iPhone and Lenovo tablet.

I was able to access my cloud while the Aspire was awake in front of me. However, when I put the computer to sleep, I lost access to the computer. My devices said "Connection to remote computer lost". Soon as I woke the computer [Fn+F1] the connection was available.

My question is has anyone on this forum actually been able to awake their computer remotely and access their files? Sure, the simple solution is to leave my computer fully on when I know I will need remote access, but it would obviously be great if the "awake" feature worked as intended.

• Honeybee
    Options

Hi BeeSee,

Could you tell me which Acer BYOC app show the error message when you try to wake up PC?

• BeeSee

Tinkerer

Options

Honeybee, I was using Acer Remote Files from my iPhone. I tried on Friday after the update, and as I said it work fine when my computer was powered up, but did not work when it was in sleep mode.

I am at my office now, and I just tried to access the Aspire from my iPhone, and SURPRISE it worked fine! My computer is asleep according to my wife. I did not try at all on the weekend, so something UNKNOWN happened since then and I have full access to my Cloud. Sweet Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help! I guess the updates worked after all.

This discussion has been closed.