Topic

Regular Visitor
paulieweb
Accepted Solution

Acer Recovery USB Not Working

Acer M5-582PT
Hard drive crashed, purchased recovery flash drive from Acer.
Flash drive boots into Acer stuff fine.
After I tell it how to partition my drive (% system, recovery partition on/off), it partitions the drive then runs some quick commands.
About 5 seconds after the partitioning has finished some command throws an error, "M:\NAPP.dat is miss."
Only an OK box which brings me back to partitioning options.

What gives? This is official media purchased from Acer and I am able to install Win7 fine so the drive and comp are fine.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Regular Visitor
paulieweb

Re: Acer Recovery USB Not Working

I took a high speed video with my digital camera and played it by frame to see the commands.
Hard to make out but I see a lot of "cannot find the drive / path specified", esp with the M drive.
Are things being mounted wrong?
Gonna try deleting drive partitions manually before recovery as I've seen suggested in other topics.
Regular Visitor
paulieweb

Nope, used GParted Live USB to partition drive as GPT unallocated space and the exact same outcome.

Regular Visitor
paulieweb

I found this online: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1619381 (post 9 specifically)

I used PartedMagic live USB to remove the GPT & MBR records.
Then the Acer Recovery USB had to be used with default options (create recovery partition, split drive into system & data partitions).
It seems the Acer Recovery software was hard-coded to mount a certain drive letter maybe?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: