Acer Aspire M3985 recovery loop

Options
Dazie
Dazie Member Posts: 1 New User
Okay so I was logged in like normal, I put the computer into sleep mode, came back after an hour and when I turned it on a warning message came up (I don't remember what it said) I logged back in and the desktop was black and all of the shortcuts and folders had there icons missing. When I went to click on one of them a message came up saying something like: "file not found, delete shortcut?". I decided to restart my computer. When I booted it back up it when through a recovery process where it said it might take a hour to complete, after that it restarted and now it's stuck in a loop. I turn on my computer, comes up with the acer logo and says "preparing automatic repair" then it goes to "diagnosing your PC" then "attempting repairs" it then restarts without shutting down and repeats the automatic repair.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

It sounds like the OS may be corrupted, or the hard drive may have failed. I recommend trying to reinstall the OS. You can recover your system and reload Windows using the instructions at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12869. If your computer is still unable to boot, there may be a hardware problem, and I suggest you contact technical support in your region for service options.

This discussion has been closed.