Acer Aspire - 0xc000021a wont let the PC boot

Pax
Pax Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

I purchased my PC back in November 2013, and when it was bought it had Windows 8, it told me several times to upgrade to Windows 8 in January 2014, but when I did, it always failed, and it told me it couldn't perform that action.

In May/June 2014, the PC successfully downloaded Windows 8.1 (which is previously had problems installing). Everything was working fine then, but the screen graphic got somehow reduced, I was okay with that (wasn't that much, and I didn't mind it either).

But what happens now, I was chatting yesterday night with my friends, and I as normal turn off my PC, and when I wake up now, it tells me the following message:

The computer encountered a problem and needs to be restarted. We collect error information, and then we start again for you. (0% complete)

For more information, search for this code online later: 0xc000021A

(My computer is running in Norwegian, so I translated the message to English).

Now, I've tried several guides such as;

http://www.registryrecycler.com/blog/2014/04/fix-stop-error-0xc000021a-cannot-start-computer-in-windows-8-8-1/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504487/help-computer-wont-boot-error-0xc000021a/

And some more.

But none of these works, and the first link tells me to reset my computer totally, I have really important files, such as my game servers files, which can be worth thousens of dollars, these things am I not up to lose.

Forgot to mention that it has been stuck at 0% for over an hour now, tried everything as I previously mentioned, but nothing is working, is there any ways for me to take out my files? And THEN do a reset?

I think what causes this issue is the Windows 8.1, my Supplier is ELKJØP NORWAY but to be honest, they're one of the most stupid people I've ever met, they have no PC expierience at all.

Error code: 0xc000021a

PS: If any images/more information is needed, don't be shy to ask Cat Happy.

Cheers,

This discussion has been closed.