Please Help! My Acer Z5/Z150 device lost recovery.

golfaroon
golfaroon Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer Z5/Z150 device lost recovery. i want Recovery.img to flash to my device by Fastboot Mode Thankyou Very Very Much.    

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

If you need the image for your smart phone, please follow these steps:

1. Visit http://www.acer.com/worldwide/.
    2. Select your region.
    3. Click Support at the top of the page.
    4. Select Download and Manuals.
    5. Search your model (Z150) or enter your serial number/SNID.
    6. Click the O.S. tab, then click the Download link next to latest version.
  • golfaroon

I can't boot to recovry mode to flash.

but I can boot to Fastboot only TT

• Ryanrr

Are you trying to perform the following steps to use the Image I pointed you to?

1. Make sure the phone is powered off (e.g. take off and put on the battery).
    2. Copy update.XXXXXXXX.zip to external SD card, insert the SD card into the phone.
    3. Long press 'Power button' + “Volume Up button” until Select Boot mode shows
    4. In menu, you could press the “Volume up button” to move the arrow to [Recovery Mode]; then press the “Volume Down button” to enter.
    5. The android robot mark with a "!" icon shows on Screen==> please press power button.
    6. Use Volume Down to move highlight to Choose "apply update from external sdcard",
      then press "Volume Up"
    7. Choose the SD card update image (e.g. update_Acer_AV052_Z150_1.001.00_EMEA_GEN1.zip).
    8. Phone shall start the upgrading. It will back to menu mode when process is done.
    9. Please choose 'wipe data/factory reset' & 'Yes'.
    10. Choose 'Reboot system now' to reboot the phone.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Ryan, if he lost the recovery, he can't enter it even with the buttons combo.

maybe he rooted the device and something went wrong and the only solution is to have the "recovery.img" file to pust via fastboot; or send the device to Acer service and hope for a warranty repair.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • golfaroon

....? Help

• Ryanrr

If you are not able to use the recovery image available on our site, then service would be the other option I would suggest.

This discussion has been closed.