Camera - Acer Liquid E2 Duo

sascha
sascha Member Posts: 3 New User

I am very happy with everything except camera. When:

- I want to take photos from distance (1.5 meter and further away, non macro) phone cannot focus and make clear photo whatever I try with camera options, it produces blurred unfocused photos without any details, grainy even at iso100 on the bright day. Example:

IMG_20130830_162822.jpg

- if I take a photo from a macro distance, photos are focused and with much details, example:

IMG_20130831_153311.jpg

- if I shot movies, picture is nice, focused and detailed.

It seems that phone camera is locked in macro mode when taking photos. I opened support case with Acer but for 3 days already there is no answer.

Is this a hardware or software problem I don't know but I guess it's in software since movies are ok.

I like to take photos with my kid, this is serious issue for me since photos are unusable, I would like this problem fixed.

How can I get Acer to respond to this issue?

Cheers!

Answers

• doobydroid
    doobydroid Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hopefully a fix in next update should resolve issues camera dose struggle at distant shots I have noticed this to
  • Rubebrduck
    Rubebrduck Member Posts: 2 New User

I have exactly the same issue.
    Hope somebody will come with a solution.

• sascha

Support asked me for device SNID serial no where I bought it etc. I provided data about it seven days ago, since then not a word of response from support. Is this normal way for acer support to respond?

• Rubebrduck
    Rubebrduck Member Posts: 2 New User

Support asked me to return the device for repair. Still thinking if i have to do that ( i'm already used at it)

• sascha

After some time I saw not intention of support to resolve this issue or give any meaningful answer. Camera CAN make clear movie shots but it CANNOT make clear photos as it shoots photos in MACRO mode all the time.

This seems to be software issue and since Acer support is not the good place to look for help (I have bad experience) is there any other channel to request help with issues such as this to be resolved? Is someone from Acer following community forum with interest?

• Nick76
    Nick76 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with mine. Photos are just unusable.

Only the photos take from 1 or 2 meters are focused.

Have you found a solution ?