Acer S500 Cloudmobile Jelly Bean update

vecinu95
vecinu95 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello!

Acer S500 Cloudmobile will receive the Jelly Bean update?

Thank you!

Answers

• Hyde
    Hyde Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I would also like to know if we're getting jelly bean on our S500.

• forroati
    forroati Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

It would be nice to know if Acer CloudMobile S500 will receive Android 4.1 or 4.2 update and when. Thank you!

• Hyde

Tinkerer

The S500 Cloudmobile definitely has the hardware for it. Even the Samsung galaxy s2 gets the 4.2 update in the future. Seeing that it is 1,5 years older and has inferior hardware than the S500. I think it's a must for this device to get the updates. Also it's a lot less work for this device as it's almost vanilla android as opposed to the touchwiz interface...

Thank you!
  • vecinu95

Tinkerer

No official answer? Smiley Sad

• Hyde

Tinkerer

We deserve one :-) come on Acer... Show your customers that we get the same great support that Samsung gives to their customers ;-).

• Hyde

Tinkerer

So...for that official response...
  • vecinu95

Tinkerer

"Acer Support Forums" - I'm not sure...

An official should say something, even though is a short answer like "yes" or "no". I don't want to know exactly which version of Android will it be or when it will be released, just a simple answer for my first question.

LE: As you can see, this is the most viewed topic in the "Smartphone" area.

• forroati
    forroati Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Well, this is why Samsung phones (for example) cost more: support and accessories. Acer offers none of them.

• wimmme
    wimmme Member Posts: 6 New User

Maybe Acer can just confirm this or give us a date on the release date ?

• vecinu95

Tinkerer

Maybe Acer Cloudmobile S500 is not Acer's property and is an obscure noname producer using Acer brand Smiley Happy))))

I can't find any other reason why no one is answering (even though this is the most viewed topic in this area).

• wimmme

Hey, they removed even the link in my previous post to the leaked ROM, that is lame Smiley Surprised

Instead of giving us some info ...

will try to flash it tonight as a Christmas gift to myself Cat LOL

• Vache
    Vache Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Don't expect sure answer from Acer.

Acer never gave release date for update, and most of time we don't even know if phones will be updated.

Flooding this forum/topic will not help at all.

At least we had a leak, that means we can expect an official update soon.

• wwillemse
    wwillemse Member Posts: 79 Troubleshooter

Those who know, will not tell here. The rest can only guess.

The only thing one can do is wait for an official announcement from Acer - and they'll do those via the reguilar websites, not here.

• wimmme

Yes indeed. But I must say that running the leaked ROM for a week on my CM I must admit that I am very happy with it !

Running smoother than on ICS, I expected some battery improvements but these are minor.

Time to release it Acer ;-)

• Humanalien
    Humanalien Member Posts: 1 New User
    May I asume then, that there is an official Jellybean ROM on it's way? Really hope so!
  • RobW
    RobW Member Posts: 11 New User
    It would be very nice to have an update tot Jelly Bean. According tot the helpdesk of Acer many problems of de S500 are related to the ICS 4.0.4. The helpdesk promised an update mid Januari but is not responding when I ask for an exact date. On the otherhand mid January is the end of next week ;-) So keep your fingers crossed...
  • aropop
    aropop Member Posts: 2 New User

How do you see if there is a new update?

• greenamethyst
    greenamethyst Member Posts: 9 New User

Is this the way you treat your clients?Is nobody there to answer those questions?

• ColdAsIce
    ColdAsIce Member Posts: 1 New User

@ aropop go to Settings - About phone - System Update and press Check now.

@ greenamethyst as Vache stated few posts before, we wont see anyone from the company with an oficial state but :

- giving the fact that there is a Jelly Bean leak ( it seams that not everyone can install it ) we can hope that in the near future there will be a oficial version

- there is a movie on youtube with a Acer presentation of products, including the Acer S500 CloudMobile and at the end of the movie the statement from the manager is "there will be a jelly bean update" so all we have to do is wait Smiley Happy

• Vache
    Vache Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Official update should come soon now. According to GLBenchmark Acer is currently testing a Acer_AV051_S500_1.050.00_EMEA_FR build.

1.xxx.xx usually means production build.

Stay tuned !

This discussion has been closed.