Acer Liquid E700 ,automatic Roaming problem, even when Roaming on settings is not activated

Options
airstrike2014
airstrike2014 Member Posts: 26 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Anyone else with an Acer Liquid E700 having problems with one of the 3 sim slots doing an automatic unwanted ROAMING? Like for example sometimes in  my sim 1 or sim 2 , at the home screen, on the top right where the sim card signals show, theres an "R" that automatically shows for example above my sim 1 network, even when in my SETTINGS - SIM MANAGEMENT - ROAMING- DATA ROAMING (None checked)? The "R" sign above the "Networl bars (for sim 1 or sim 2) sometimes disappear and then reappear.  Any reason why this happens?

Also,In the SETTINGS -SIM MANAGEMENT - DATA CONNECTION -(should it be set "OFF"or should I choose from one of my 2

sim cards?

My phones firmware is updated btw. Any help is much appreciated guys =)

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

1. Do launchers (ex. NOVA, ACTION) ,drain battery more than standard/default system launcher?

No, if the launcher is well optimized, never used one.

2. Do you use a batery saving app? do they actually work? I have GSam battery monitor, not sure if its really useful, its running in my background btw.

Never used one.

3. I have an IPS LCD screen, will black or darker wallpapers minimize battery drainiage?

Yes but not so much, since i don't think you will stay on home page for 20-30 minutes.

4. Will playing a 1080p movie in a 720p smartphone drain battery faster compares to just playing a 720p movie in a 729p display smartphone?

Yes, because need more CPU/GPU power to downscaling the original resolution

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

the R icon just tell you that the SIM is under Roaming, but with data roaming disable you will not have any data transmission (this means that you can have and receive calls).

Data connection OFF, simply none of your SIM card will connect to data connections aka internet; about settings one SIM or another....it depends if you have any data plan on your SIMs.

• airstrike2014
    Options

Data connection OFF, simply none of your SIM card will connect to data connections aka internet; about settings one SIor  another....it depends if you have any data plan on your SIMs. - You mean like when I activate "Mobile Data"? I dont have a plan, this is prepaid (card or load)

• IronFly
    Options

yes like "mobile data" but:

Mobile data is a quick button, that disable the data connection

Data Connection will give you options to choose the network provider or completly disable any mobile data connection.

• airstrike2014
    Options

So, with that said, for example if Im going to activate my Mobile data for sim 2, do I need to Activate my Data connection set for Sim 2 as well? Or just leave it at off?

• IronFly
    Options

You need to set Connection data to SIM2 and then activate Data Connection (if it doesn't activate automatically).

Since this is a 3 SIM2 device, you must set first which SIM has the data connection, then activate the data connection for the whole system.

example:

which SIM has the mobile data connection?

SIM1 - SIM2 - SIM3

select SIM2

do you want to use the data connection?

Yes, activate Mobile data connection

• airstrike2014
    Options

Thanks for replying.  Just 4 more questions before i give you a kudos since you always answer my questions =)

1. Do launchers (ex. NOVA, ACTION) ,drain battery more than standard/default system launcher?

2. Do you use a batery saving app? do they actually work? I have GSam battery monitor, not sure if its really useful, its running in my background btw.

3. I have an IPS LCD screen, will black or darker wallpapers minimize battery drainiage?

4. Will playing a 1080p movie in a 720p smartphone drain battery faster compares to just playing a 720p movie in a 729p display smartphone?

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

No, if the launcher is well optimized, never used one.

Never used one.

Yes but not so much, since i don't think you will stay on home page for 20-30 minutes.

Yes, because need more CPU/GPU power to downscaling the original resolution

• airstrike2014
    Options

Thank you very much for answering my questions!

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome.