Acer Liquid E2 app on sd

Options
wolf1792
wolf1792 Member Posts: 2 New User

It's possibile to move apps on external sd cards?Cause 800 mb archive is quite small...

Answers

• AlastairHW
    AlastairHW Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Don't know if this will help, but you can change the default install location...

Settings -> Strorage

Then change the DEFAULT WRITE DISK to SD Card

But yes, 800M is very small, especially with the number of updates to the google applications.

We're going to have to hope ACER issue regular updates....

A.

• wolf1792
    wolf1792 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

unfortunately is not the solution for apps, that change only default location for photo,audio ecc..you can only change from archive to internal memory, taht is quite bigger (1.6 Gb)..and not all apps can be moved there...

• AlastairHW
    Options

Hello again,

You're right (now I investigate further) it's not the solution, however if you're prepared to root your phone (and all the implied dangers of that) then this might be your solution (http://www.phonandroid.com/forum/tuto-swap-memoire-sur-l-acer-liquid-e2-duo-t60236.html)

Hope this helps.

I do believe ACER need to provide a real solution I know Samsung have done this for the Galaxy.

Thanks, A

• dloofk
    dloofk Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

it's a big problem...I managed to root the E2 single sim version and tried to follow the manual but doesn't work..tried different manuals but the specific file wasn't there or it was already there..

I think it could be work on the Liquid E2 dual sim version but I don't work on the E2 single sim version...I also accidently installed the firmware version voor dual sim...but the manuals also don't worked :-)

• AlastairHW
    Options

NEWSLETTER - Thursday, July 29, 2013

* Acer Liquid E2: Update functionality with "move to SD card" 

In summary:  
            * Free up memory Intern1 moving your apps to an SD card, even those that are already installed  
            * Determine the SD card as the default location for your apps Google Play 1

Paris, July 29, 2013  - Acer today announced that for the E2 Liquid smartphone launched recently, an update that allows you to move to SD card installed applications. Applications are increasingly numerous and ever increasing weight. Customers appreciate so you can move those already installed to an external SD card to free up internal memory. The update, which can be made wireless, is scheduled to begin today. Of course, in addition to the listed applications, users can always store photos and videos on their SD card. However, the system pre-installed applications and can not be moved to SD Card.  To take advantage of travel options and direct installation on SD card, user just select the application settings in the application menu. 

Word of caution: I can't find the press release anywhere on the ACER site.

Thanks, A.
  • spartacpsp
    spartacpsp Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Rien.. Zip Zero.... mal informez Mr. 

• spartacpsp
    Options

Dear Acer Management, please, please, found us a solution to move apps to sd card... soon our e2 smartphone will turn to unuseful low memory storage flash disc!

• AlastairHW
    Options

OTA (Over the Air) updates tend to role out in batches to ensure the various systems and networks are not overloaded. If it was only released yesterday (assuming the information is correct) then it will take a while to role out to all networks and devices.

I'm afraid you will need to be patient a little longer.

Thanks, A

• WillL
    WillL Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Have people really run out of space so quickly? How many apps do you need in such a short space of time?
  • spartacpsp
    Options

thanks for the reply, but i need an answer, solution not an advice or a question.. especially sarcastic one...

• AlastairHW
    Options

I have loaded the sdcard version of the update which is vailable from the original source I posted a couple of days ago,  I have used it and updated to the new ROM, with support for apps on sdcard.

As with all rom updates use at your own risk. 

http://bit.ly/16CgijZ

• spartacpsp
    Options

hi and thanks, so is it official? do i need to be rooted?

• AlastairHW
    Options
    Official, I believe so.
    No need to be rooted, in fact I believe it removes root and you'll need reroot the phone after install.
    Installs via normal recovery, so place zip on root directory of sdcard and flash via recovery menu.

it seemed to preserve my phone and data, but I make no guarantees, so BACKUP anything you want to keep.

if you don't know how to get to recovery and flash a rom, take a look at the link in my original post, a few posts down the chain explains all.
  • spartacpsp
    Options

ty

• WillL
    Options

Wasn't meaning to be sarcastic, it was just a general question. The phone has only been out a short while so I was surprised people have filled it up already.

If this is an official release, hopefully it will be available as an update soon. I don't really want to root this phone, leaving it as nature intended!

• AlastairHW
    Options

So the ROM install instructions are here, translated from French.

All Kudos to http://forum.frandroid.com and their member http://forum.frandroid.com/user/32939-paugustin/

I just hunted around to find stuff...

Thanks, A

• spartacpsp
    Options

Me neither... me neither... let’s wait to the official update... actually I am surprised that the acer management does not comment or answer... like to mention that gsmart are more cooperative and I thought that acer would be more respective in the matter of supporting their clients... well it appears that they give no **bleep** **bleep**.. Thanks Acer... 

• bg17aw
    bg17aw Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

WillL wrote:

Wasn't meaning to be sarcastic, it was just a general question. The phone has only been out a short while so I was surprised people have filled it up already.

If this is an official release, hopefully it will be available as an update soon. I don't really want to root this phone, leaving it as nature intended!

The phone has been out for more than a month. But it is easy to fill it up in a week installing just regular day to day apps, no games, as I did. I am surprised you didn't filled yours up yet. So misplaced sarcasm?

The most restrictive phones are the iPhones, surely totally against nature intentionsSmiley Happy

• WillL
    Options

My previous phone (Xperia Play) was rooted and  seemed to have slowed down and a lot of times it would automatically restart on shutting down the phone. I've now done a factory reset on it before I gave it to my daughter and it is back to it's old self. I've only had the phone 2 weeks and still have 1.2 GB left on the phone's internal storage. Maybe I'm just a lite app user.

This discussion has been closed.