Acer E700 headphones detection

Options
schifazl
schifazl Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello!
My E700 correctly detects headphones insertion, but often it doesn't detect when the headphones are detached, so the audio doesn't work because the phone thinks that the headphones are still there.

I'm the only one with this problem? A fix does exist? I already have the last SW update.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you already tried a factory reset?

you will loose all your data

system settings/backup&reset/factory reset

by the way, it looks more as an hardware issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • IronFly
    Options

i found that probably is a software issue, some users reported to fix this issue after a reboot unplugging headphones.

• schifazl
    schifazl Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Sorry for my late response. The fact that this isn't a hardware issue it's a consolation!

I had to do a factory reset after installing the "infamous" 1.0.18 update.

Yes, my solution was to reboot the phone, but it's quite annoying. Will this issue be investigated and fixed?

• IronFly
    Options

it will take some time but i think it will be fixed, the E700 is a new device so i would expect some OTA updates for sure.

• macca4motion
    macca4motion Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options
    Let's hope the sale forma the annoying bug related to YouTube!!!
  • Pattepat
    Pattepat Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hi ppl, received a new E700 yesterday. It didsome updates and (hey hey) I have the same problem as the topic starter. My phone completely freezes after I reinsert my headphones after I unplug them and the phone keeps detecting them.

Where can I see the version you mention by the way? In the phone info, there's no mentionabout whatsoever about 1.0.18 (orany previous version) except Device Info Version 1.0.

And is resetting thefactory settings theonly way to solve theproblem right now? Does it solve it?

EDIT: I found out I have build number 1.0.20 installed.
  • IronFly
    Options
    No, a factory reset will not fix it. We must wait Acer OTA.
  • Pattepat
    Options
    *****. Using that headphone socket is vital to my mood in the car. Acer better get this fixed or I make my band find its way to their HQ and play Nickelback songs until they do!
  • macca4motion
    macca4motion Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options
    It seems that they are selling a phone not tested in the way they should. Very sad...
  • zustellr
    zustellr Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

Hi,

just wanted to mention that I have the same problem and have opened a ticket with Acer Support in Germany on September 26th (ID 912 616 4G). At that time, they did not know anything about that error, neither did the (very nice!) person I talked to minutes ago.

He advised me to send the phone in for checking, though I don't think this is a problem specific to this very phone.

It would probably be helpful if everyone who has this problem just calls Acer techsupport and tells them about the problem, referencing the already existing support case "912 616 4G" so that they get a feeling that these are not isolated incidents with a faulty phone that can be repaired, but rather a software issue.

Regards,

a.

• zustellr
    Options

...one more thing: I noticed that the problem is dependent on the time the headphones have been plugged in.

If I just plug in and plug out within a few seconds, the unplug detection works.

If I plug in, wait for some time (maybe play some music; who wouldn't?) and the unplug, it does not detect this.

It's not application dependent, as I thought before.

a.

• Pattepat
    Options
    I experience the same thing. After I listened to music, I uplug, plug in again and then quickly plug out. Then it detects that the headphones are gone. But...sometimes my phone then crashes. Either immediately or after a few hours.
  • IronFly
    Options

it's a software issue, this can be fixed with an update, must wait next one from Acer.

• zustellr
    Options

IronFly wrote:

it's a software issue, this can be fixed with an update, must wait next one from Acer.

This is all well, but this implies that Acer is aware of the problem and willing to fix it.

As I said, the German support team was entirely unaware. They told me that they never heard of the problem before (despite the fact that this is discussed here since three weeks). They also said that compared to the hundreds of thousands of phones they sold, it would be very unlikely that there was a quick fix, based on five people having problems (though it was phrased in a very polite way).

Just want to say: I see no reason to hold my breath.

a.

• IronFly
    Options
    German probably not but Taiwan for sure it is.

We just need patience.
  • zustellr
    Options

Hi,

I was at a local store today, trying to reproduce the headphone problem with one of their phones. No luck. The phone I tested was black and running version 14 of the software, compared to my version 20 red phone.

Though I doubt that the color makes a difference, which version are those of you with the problem running? Also 20?

Thanks,

a.

• podge3
    podge3 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

This problem doesn't seem to happen with the supplied Acer headphoes, just when using third-party phones.

I'm on version 20 firmware.

• Pattepat
    Options

Yeah, I tested that now too. The phone indeed recognizes the pug out now. Must have something to do with the type of plug which is two-way instead of the regular one-way.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• tw_up
    tw_up Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem with the headphone detection and can confirm this behavior.

If a headset is connected, the disconnecting event will always be regonize. No issue at all.

If a headphone is connected and will disconnected then the phone have problem.

After need to plug in and out until the phone switch back to the speaker

but also happen sometimes that the phone hang up and restart.

Must be something to do with the different plug of headset and headphone.

Except of this I'm totally happy with the phone.

Hopefully Acer will soon fix the issue with a software update.

• podge3
    podge3 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Just got a new update and this issue now seems to be fixed.