ACER Liquid E2 Duo: No wireless Connection After Update

Options
ajcordeiro
ajcordeiro Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi, I need help,

I've 2 standard up wireless connections, at home and at work.

At home, it try to connect but is always looking up for the IP and... nothing. Laptop works fine with home wirless.

At work it connects as broad icon appears but seems a very very weak signal and if I try for example to update the weather if inform I'm there is not connection to Internet.

I'm really not sure but this beaviour appears since I made the last update on begining of the month when I receive the message informing a new update was available.

Any help please.

Answers

• marcogiannetta
    marcogiannetta Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I've only noticed wifi to be a little slower than before.

I think Acer is not able to release a decent update

• jurgenvdm
    jurgenvdm Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I have also a problem with the Wifi after my last upgrade to Acer_AV061_V370_1.032.00_WW_GEN1

No matter which Wifi I try to connect to, it is looking for the IP... and after a while I get the message "avoided poor internet connection" and it doesn't connect.

Did you upgrade to the same version?

• mrrog
    mrrog Member Posts: 42 New User
    Options

This kind of thing has happened to me on various devices, the solution that usually works for me is go to the wifi settings and tell it to forget the connection, begin again from scratch, might help!

• Jonny7
    Jonny7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. The wi-fi was working fine and now it doesn't pass the "Obtaining IP...".

I already format the phone and it was working fine but now stopped working again (probably after the software update). I'm also using the same software version as you.

Did you find a way to fix this problem?

Best regards,

João 

• jurgenvdm
    Options

No, the problem still isn't solved.

I have opened an incident with Acer on January 20, but until today I got no reply on it!!!

Only an automatic mail reply in which they say that they will react within 72 hours...

I am very disappointed in the support of Acer!

• MPFR
    MPFR Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same issue... as i dont use wifi everyday i cant say exactly it started after the upgrade but im 99% sure of that... i hope acer fix this very soon...
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

just to understand better:

activate wifi connection on E2, tap on new wifi found and keeping having "obtaining IP address"?

if you discard that wifi connection and retry to connect, what's the behaviour?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jurgenvdm
    Options

For every wifi I try, I have the message "obtaining IP address..." for a while and after that it doesn't connect with the message "avoided poor internet connection" 

I have this for EVERY wifi I try, so for my wifi at home, for the wifi at work or for any other wifi I get the message "avoided poor internet connection" and I cannot connect to any wifi!

• MPFR
    Options
    exactly the same issue as jurgenvdm... sometimes the device even connects to wifi but i cant access to internet, the wifi simbol just keeps gray, not blue...
  • ajcordeiro
    Options

Yes, same here.

But my wifi at work it gives "connected" with icon on it (not bright as active) but if you try to use the Internet it informs No Internet Connection availabe. If I discharg and try again it do the same.

It are detecting all wifi's but problem is with connection.

• ajcordeiro
    Options

Yes, same update. It's last one.

• MPFR
    Options
    i found a solution to my problem... i just went to my wifi menu, selected the network i wanted to use (home or work), go to modify network... select show advanced options and change IP defenition from DHCP to static... Then change the IP adress to something like 192.168.1.128 and thats it... and dont forget the passaword ^^ problem is, i need to do this manually for every network i want to connect o.O
  • jurgenvdm
    Options

I have tried the solution of MPFR and it works on my phone too!

Thanks for this temporary solution!

So I suppose there is a problem with DHCP in the last upgrade to Acer_AV061_V370_1.032.00_WW_GEN1

Hopefully Acer can solve this and come quickly with a new upgrade.

• max2
    max2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem... Still waiting... Last time I bought an ACER product!
  • dannyvdp
    dannyvdp Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Add one more to the list

Not sure this happened right after the update - I just noticed wifi failed to connect at some point in time (while obtaining IP address, then excluding network ...)

Workaround by setting to static works for me too - extremely annoying but better than no wifo at all.
     I hope this gets fixed asap ...

• mcmike
    mcmike Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Same over here. No more Wifi when trying to connect to a WPA/WPA2 secure Wifi. The phone does not optain an IP address.

Strangly Wifi works when connecting to a Hotspot Wifi connection : when entering connection parameters of a provided in Firefox, the phone obtains an IP address.

Will also submit a ticket with Acer.

• sfant
    sfant Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Same problem here, and it's the second time it happens to me: the first time I solved it formatting the phone and re-installig all apps and updates, but now after a couple weeks wifi is not connecting again (it says the connection is weak and will be therefore avoided), and I don't want to go through the whole formatting/reinstalling process again... and possibly again later on.

Looking forward for a firmware update (hopefully soon!) for the time being I was trying to switch the IP to static like others in this thread suggested, and following the instructions above, but then while it gets connected now, the wifi signal icon doesn't turn blue but stays grey... and the phone is still off line!

Any advice please at least to help me getting this temporary fix to work, and get the wifi connection to work with static IP?

But then of course best would be to have a solution from Acer to make it work like before with DHCP.

• MPFR
    Options
    Sfant, be sure to enter the correct static IP, for most devices the getway should be something like 192.168.1.1 but that can change... your getway should be in the same range the router you are trying to connect... your getway should be the exact same ip as the router (if i remember correctly) and for the ip for your phone just change the last digit to something else (and diferente from any other device connected to the same router)... this sucks o.O
  • dannyvdp
    dannyvdp Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

For those interested: I managed to fix this problem. I just reset the phone to factory settings (without erasing the SD card) and then started all over again. If you backup your apps and settings, it's not too much hassle. Well, still some work of course (re-entering the accounts, populating the home screens, sounds, ....).

I really wonder what broke the wifi DHCP and how this happened, but it's working again that's what matters of course.

• jurgenvdm
    Options

Hi dannyvdp,

Does your phone has the Build-number Acer_AV061_V370_1.032.00_WW_GEN1 on it now? (after the reset to factory settings)

Because with me the problems started after the installation of that version and if the factory reset would mean that you go back to an earlier version, than this problem will probably come back when you install Acer_AV061_V370_1.032.00_WW_GEN1 again...