switch alpha 12 compatible usb-c chargers

Options
spa
spa Member Posts: 2 New User

Does anyone know what are compatible USB Type-C chargers/adapters for Acer Aspire Switch 12 Alpha?

Answers

• jorgehuaman
    jorgehuaman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I, too, am looking for options to charge via USB C.  Any luck since you've last posted? 

• spa
    spa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Unfortunately not.

• shutterfly
    shutterfly Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options

I know for sure Targus 45w usb-c charger works on SA12. 

• tsfine
    tsfine Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

FYI - I am using a MoKo 29W USB-C Power Adapter I bought on Amazon for $17.99 and it works great!

• shutterfly
    shutterfly Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

Options

Greate to hear that! 

I found Lumsing's 48W usb-c/usb QC3.0 charger from amazon works for me very well. Due to SA12's lack of multiple usb ports, a multi-port usb-c charger makes my road trips easier when it comes to keep SA12, iphone, ipads charged. Finally I don't have to carry the clunky factory charger around anymore. 

It's interesting that someone from Acer posted on Amazon that SA12 needs to take 20V input for its usb-c charing to work, and I have tried three different usb-c charger with 20V capabalities (Anker, iVoler, RAVPower) and none worked. Both yours and mind have a max 14.5V output and both work. 

• tsfine
    Options

I don't know why they don't go to the trouble of clarifying this, especially since the Alpha 12 is an awesome clone alternative to the Surface 4 that is equal in virtually every way - the only downfall being battery life. For a $400+ savings, I love this machine and am glad to have found an inexpensive portable charger to use as an alternative. 

• Rocketryno
    Rocketryno Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi all,

I just got the SA12 and I love it.   What is wrong with charging through the cable provided.  why do you want to use USB-c to charge it? 

Thanks,

Rocketryno

• tsfine
    Options
    The regular charger is bulk and not real portable. However, I found a good inexpensive alternative in the MoKo 29w usb-c charger. It is $17.99 on Amazon.
  • Rocketryno
    Rocketryno Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Gotcha, Thanks.  Could you then use USB-c to charge from apower pack, or solar charger?  That seems like it would be pretty handy. 

Best,

Rocketryno

• Chive
    Chive Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Can you share the link for the USB C cable that was used please?