erecovery manager missing

Options
amit1509
amit1509 Member Posts: 2 New User

Either I uninstalled or some other issue, but Acer erecovery manager is missing from my Acer S7 ultrabook. I do see the recovery partition, but need the erecovery manager to reinstall OS on my PC.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can try to boot pressing ALT+F10 to start Acer erecovery process too or simply create a bootable recovery media using windows tool (acer erecovery manager just trigger the windows software).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17422/windows-8-create-usb-recovery-drive

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • amit1509
    amit1509 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried, but the option to create bootable disk is greyed out. Alt F10 takes me windows recovery screen, but then complains that some file is missing. I never see the acer erecovery option anywhere. Is it possible to get acer erecovery application for windows 8?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

even if you were able to download an Acer erecovery software version, you will be facing the same issue, your recovery partition is missing or corrupted or not listed on windows recovery xml file.

please post a screenshot of windows disk management

windows logo key + x

Disk management

if a recovery partition of about 16GB is missing, you lost any possibility to create a factory reset media.

what's your actual OS and/or your previous OS?

I'm not an Acer employee.