Wifi stays turned off, while adapter works

mvkempen
mvkempen Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have an aspire s7-391. Since 2 weeks ago, wifi suddenly stopped working. The network adapter seems to work fine, but when I turn on the wifi button in the windows settings screen, it immediately turns off again. 

I had the same issue with the touchpad, but that was solved by the FN+t button, however, for the wifi this doesn't work.

The only things that changed was that a few days before it stopped, I got some windows update, but wifi continued to work a bit longer until it stopped, so I guess they are not related. I tried reinstalling windows already but no effect. 

Specs:

Windows 10 pro

Network adapater: Qualcomm Atheros AR5BMD222

Driver: 10.0.0.276

I hope anyone can help me..

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

See if you can use the shortcut FN + Q to turn on the WiFi. If that doesn't work, you may try refreshing Windows using the instructions at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37335

• mvkempen
    mvkempen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    As said, I tried both options already but with no effect. What else could be a reason?
  • Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Very sorry, I missed where you said you restored Windows. If recovery did not fix the issue, I suspect a hardware problem that may require repair.