Touchscreen doesn't work for my R3-131T

MusicTJ
MusicTJ Member Posts: 3 New User

My R3-131 doesn't seem to have a working touchscreen. It hasn't worked since I bought it in December. I've tried updating the drivers via the website. Have tried all sorts and nothing seems to work. It folds out into a tablet, so I would presume the touchscreen should work. My next step is to perform a factory reset, but I would rather not do so unless I have to.

Help anyone?

Thanks.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

My R3-131T works fine.

Open Device Manager Human Interface Devices>HD-Compliant touch screen. If there is it using Microsoft driver 6/21/06 10.0.10586.0 ?

If not do you have any device in device manager showing a yellow triangle or listed as "Unknown Device" having information (particularly class id) like the below:

Device HID\VID_2386&PID_0401&Col02\6&9af5001&0&0001 was configured.

Driver Name: input.inf
    Class Guid: {745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}
    Driver Date: 06/21/2006
    Driver Version: 10.0.10586.0
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: HID_Raw_Inst.NT
    Driver Rank: 0xFF1003
    Matching Device Id: HID_DEVICE_UP:000D_U:0004
    Outranked Drivers: input.inf:HID_DEVICE:00FF1004
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: USB\VID_2386&PID_0401\5&133081bf&0&4

• MusicTJ

Hi,

Thanks for responding, 

No I don't have either in Device management.

Below is a screenshot of what's there. I'm presuming I'll need to install the right drivers etc? If so, which are they? As I thought I had done so via the acer drivers page.

Screenshot.jpg

• padgett

And no "unknown"s ? One reason it would not show up is if the is a mechanical failure  (e.g. wire broke). If so it will need to go into the shop. Is it under warrenty ?

• MusicTJ

Thanks for that,

I bought it in December. So yeah, still within warranty. Rather diappointing that I would have an issue with it 'out of the box' as the touchscreen has never worked.

• padgett

See "bathtub curve".