R5-471T: "Defect Found. You are advised to back up your data to another disk." Laptop Crushing

MovingOn
MovingOn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Answers

• MovingOn

Just bought this W10 Laptop in March this year and I'm beginning to experience the blue screen of death more often.  Could you please assist.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

More information please, What defect was found (disk, memory, ???). If from Microsoft there should be an error code.

• MovingOn

My apologies for the delay in responding. 

I rerun the SSD disk status check a few minutes ago and I'm no longer getting the above error message.  However, before you close this post, would like to know if there is a script I can run locally that will elicit the info you need.  In this way going forward, you have all the info you need and we don't need to keep going back and forth.

Please advise.  Thanks.

• pb47
    pb47 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have this too.
    PLEASE ADVISE!!

It is in Acer Care Center app under Checkup.
    SSD Micron 1100 MTFDDAV256TBN
    Suggestion: Defect found. Backup data to another disk.

thanks
    Jack

• eeycee
    eeycee Member Posts: 1 New User
    padgett said:

More information please, What defect was found (disk, memory, ???). If from Microsoft there should be an error code.

Hi, I'm having this problem too. However, there is no error code Acer Care Centre/Checkup/SSD/Micron_1100_MTFDDAV256TBN/Status Attention Required (Suggestion: Defect found. you are advised to back up your data to another disk)/Last checked: Today.
  • pb47
    pb47 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Any news on this problem?
  • tater
    tater Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having same issue. Mine just started after Windows update. Tried trouble shooting. Windows say Acer incompatible. Don't know why.