R3 w/ 32GB SSD & Win 10 (OEM Dec 2015) will not update to latest Win 10 because "not enough memo

Abba27
Abba27 Member Posts: 2 New User

R3 w/ 32GB SSD & Win 10 (OEM Dec 2015) will not update to latest Win 10 because "not enough memory free" on SSD. Have tried to get 20GB free, but cannot - even uninstalling everything possible except Office & Win 10!! Have an SD card inserted with MORE Than 20 GB free, which R3 says it recognizes, goes thru entire update process then fails at reboot, finally showing "hidden" dialog box to "insert SD card".

Can I just download a Zip folder or file of the new version (an ISO??) and install it manually rather than this frustrating and failing online method??

If so, where do I get this file from?? And what is it called?? (ISO???)

Answers

• alins
    alins Member Posts: 3 New User

Right click on your main drive (C), Properties --> Disk Cleanup --> Clean Up System Files --> checkmarks next to every thing, and go ...

If you still don't have enough space after this, you can install a free partition manager and nuke the Acer recovery partition and contents and resize the drive to include the newly freed up space.

I have an Asus laptop with a 32GB drive and 2GB RAM; with Windows 10 + Office 2013 + Full version of Adobe Acrobat and VLC Media Player and Skype I have 7GB free.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Please do not delete the recovery partition without making a recovery drive first. I have three different tabs with 32GB and all have upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10.