Motherboard for the R7-571 fit in body of R7-572 and work? Including screen of the 572?

Options
jmkiii
jmkiii Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Fiancee smashed my R7-571... accidentally left it on top of the car on our drive to CO, Smiley Happy. It still boots, but the body and screen are borked. Can I take the motherboard (and etc.) out of it and put it in an R7-572 that works fine with the exception of the motherboard? Will the screen then allow the use of an active digitiser as opposed to the capacitive pen?

I have a feeling I am being too hopeful here.

Answers

• scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

I cant answer about the R-571 fitting in an R572, but as far as the digitizer is concerned, this is in the screen, so if your final machine is an R572  that has a screen with active digitizer, and if the Mother board is compatible, I would expect the active digitizer screen to continue working.

The question is does the R7-571 connectors to the other pieces in the R7-572 (like the screen connector) match...

• jmkiii
    Options

Unfortunately, I don't have anything but pictures of the boards in front of me at the moment. A fair amount of stuff is different. Most of the internal holes for screws are different and some other stuff is moved, but the connection for the screen and just about everything else around the edge looks the same...

• scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Depending how much the R7-572 with the dead motherboard costs, you may be better off buying a complete refurbished unit from the Acer Ebay Store.

If the 572 is really cheap, you can take a chance, and resell it on Ebay if it does not work with your 571 motherboard.

• jmkiii
    Options

I couldn't see a way to edit my original comment...

I wanted to give an update on this just in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar boat. The swap worked perfectly and now I have the added benefit of the digitizer. I used all the old innards of the R7-571 with the body and screen of the R7-572. It has been working as expected for the last two months.

FYI

• MRGH
    MRGH Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hola, entonces encajo la pantalla de la 572 en la 571?